046 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an 046 with a broken handle...will any other saws interchange with the 046? I have been looking for one and the only thing i can find is brand new and costs $160...Just don't know if 044,440,460 are interchangeable. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have an 046 with a broken handle...will any other saws interchange with the 046? I have been looking for one and the only thing i can find is brand new and costs $160...Just don't know if 044,440,460 are interchangeable. Thanks in advance for the help.

044 tank will fit, but the fuel capacity is quite a bit smaller. The 440 and 460 tanks will have flippy caps, and not the screw in caps.

From a thread in 2007 that "The" Stihl man himself started.

O.K. AS experts... Tell me what saw this is [ RBTREE - say NOTHING...]

Imagine you see these pics on Ebay, and it's listed as a Stihl 311y:dizzy: What are you buying?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a mid-late 90's 044 with an 046 tank, filter base, intake flange, and air filter cover. Nice job Lakeside!

Sorry I had to go... I was acused (rightfully so) of being anti-social... Damn dinner guests...:mad: I thought the game would play out in a few moves... and had the time, but...

Well done Jacob J. and Teksim... You solved the puzzle without random guesses. I rep you all if I have bullets.

044 crank case, 440 cylinder/piston, with an 046 rear end (tank, filter base, air-filter box). And yes, 3/4/full wrap, big side cover etc to make it a real magnum wrap.

I'll fill you all in on "why" etc in the morning...

So I would think if 046 thank worked on 044 then 044/440 would work on 046/460.
But you will need everything, air filter and cover, carb box ect.

I sure do miss Lake!

TT

Latest posts

Back