064 stihl cylinder fixable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the piston off and looked down in the case to see if there's a seal on the inside of the bearing. NOPE not that I can see. I'll try and take a pic. after work. If it wasn't for the idling down when tipped you would never know. And even that wasn't consistent. I used it to cut up a good size tree that got blown down a couple of weeks ago. Ran good wasn't doing the idle down thing. But the tree was already on the ground for the most part.

Think I'm gonna stick the cylinder and the piston back on it and do a leak down/ pressure test just to see.

No point in a vac test,it will fail.

The bearing is flush so where is the extra that should be sticking out?
Crank all the way to the flywheel side?

I've not seen that before.

Does it have a flywheel side bearing on the pto side?

No point in a vac test,it will fail.

The bearing is flush so where is the extra that should be sticking out?
Crank all the way to the flywheel side?

I've not seen that before.

Does it have a flywheel side bearing on the pto side?
The bearing is either in backwards or a 6203? regular bearing is installed making a seal impossible.

Got some more pics.20170719_181152.jpg20170719_181344.jpg That's the clutch side from the inside. Can't get a real good one not enough room. There is a plastic cage on the bearing but no seal.

Not sure the whole history he had it for a long time. He is not mechanicaly inclined, if it did get rebuilt he had a saw shop do it. I'll try and find out some more history on it.

Back