1/4" chain rocks!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I resurrected an 015 lastnight. It runs well, but the chain was crummy. Most likely the original 1/4" chisel Stihl chain that came on it. I have fooled with 1/4" before, but never really spent any time getting it just right. Well, I was quite impressed when I got done lastnight with just how well it cuts. The owner will be pleased as well. Awful big chips coming from that tiny chain.

I was impressed with an 015 that I worked on. It had the1/4 pitch chain. That stuff cut quick for its size.

Take it for what it is worth but back in my twenties I cut a lot of wood with a Pro Mac 510 using dealer sharpen 1/4" pitch chain. That little 38 cc saw put some hurting on many a larger saw used by my firewood buddies. I always attributed it to the chain not the operator nor the saw. Ron

Welcome all!
I am a carpenter from Russia, and we have a choice of accessories for drinking rather modest. So I ask you to help me answer the question: will the tire 050 Gauge Cannon "Quarter" Tip "Carving bar" on the saw Husqvarna 560XP? And what a chain can be used?
I apologize in advance for my English, I write through the translator.
Eugene.

Eugene, first off welcome to the site. I am sure that someone will be able to assist you.However, you will have better results if you start a new thread.As mentioned their are many great members hear that will assist you. Just be patient.Welcome to the forum. Pictures here are most welcome, especially from your area.Are you ready for another cold winter?Stay warm and dry, Ken in Texas USA

Latest posts

Back