$100 ebay 52cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPulldown

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been a while since I have been on this forum. I have not been running my saw too much. The other day bucked up some way to big logs in the rain. FUN. Next day got out there with my boy to roll a few rounds.
1229929_10151939519397578_397574115_n.jpg

Was on ebay and searched chainsaws. A bunch of $100 52cc saw popped up, even a 60cc. I thought what is this crap, better go over to Arborsite to see what the boys have to say about it. I could not find a thread.

I am SURE this has been discussed already. Can someone link me to the topic. I am also sure a bunch of people will just say "stay away it is more CRAP from China". A couple of you will buy the thing just for sh1ts and giggles. Someone might even say " I went through 10 cords of oak with the thing and it never missed a beat".

Need some reading.

Thanks ahead of time.

I think you need a few more straps on those rounds to keep then from rolling out:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Yeh I go a little overboard when "rigging". My wife says to me the other day, how come that guy doesn't strap down his load (rounds of wood). TO be fair the first couple were there just to keep the ramp strapped up on the other side. Then there were a couple of rounds that just were not "seated" well that took one or two to secure. Then in the very back I had gear that I did not want the rounds to crush if shifted. After picking up this load I had a lot of errands and in town driving to do.

When I was younger my cousin lost a mattress out of his pickup. I was with him and remember playing frogger on the freeway trying to retrieve it. I almost died that day. Made an impact I guess.

First off, I learned many years ago that wood that size gets made smaller before I'me th
rowing it anywhere.
I don't know what size saw you cut that with but if you'r young and tough enough to load those chuncks you can handle a 70cc 24".:D

John

I have a little itti bitti saw, and took the rounds I cut the pervious night Those rounds were cut by pro in the morning that the owner of the property hired. He just wanted people to take the wood. Was clearing a lot for a build.

A ramp and good rolling technique makes all the difference. Makes up for being small. I am 5'10" 150. My boy is only 3.5 years old and is going to be a good sized man. Made sure I found a woman with a big dad and brother to spawn my seed.

I also make sure not to take my son or even my dog when there are saws being run or trees being dropped.

Ok back to the topic on hand.

20" Bar Gas Chainsaw Chain Saw 52cc Engine w Aluminum Crankcase Gasoline New | eBay

60cc 22" Gasoline 2 Stroke Aluminum Crankcase Gas Chainsaw w Oregon Blade | eBay

These are the ones I am talking about.

Not that I am in the market for a new saw, just wondering. I really don't have time these days to be running around in the woods turning trees into heat. But still like to think that I am. No the only time I have to myself is when I sit here driving my desk around the world via my computer.

Last edited:
Ok back to the topic on hand.

20" Bar Gas Chainsaw Chain Saw 52cc Engine w Aluminum Crankcase Gasoline New | eBay

60cc 22" Gasoline 2 Stroke Aluminum Crankcase Gas Chainsaw w Oregon Blade | eBay

These are the ones I am talking about.

Not that I am in the market for a new saw, just wondering. I really don't have time these days to be running around in the woods turning trees into heat. But still like to think that I am. No the only time I have to myself is when I sit here driving my desk around the world via my computer.

Chinese crap! :bomb:

I've found those Chinese saws useful for working out of a boat.
I stick the bar in the mud and tie the boat to the handle.

Yeh I go a little overboard when "rigging". My wife says to me the other day, how come that guy doesn't strap down his load (rounds of wood). TO be fair the first couple were there just to keep the ramp strapped up on the other side. Then there were a couple of rounds that just were not "seated" well that took one or two to secure. Then in the very back I had gear that I did not want the rounds to crush if shifted. After picking up this load I had a lot of errands and in town driving to do.

When I was younger my cousin lost a mattress out of his pickup. I was with him and remember playing frogger on the freeway trying to retrieve it. I almost died that day. Made an impact I guess.

Are you from Truckee CA.? If so you need a big saw with a long bar for the wood in that area.

Truckee California.

Big saw with a long bar, I know.

So no one has owned one of these "crap" saws. There was one ol boy on here that use to make it a point to buy and test out cheap saws he found on e-bay.

60 cc saw

I think he said the chains on backward; not sure but the chain is on backward. steve

Truckee California.

So no one has owned one of these "crap" saws. There was one ol boy on here that use to make it a point to buy and test out cheap saws he found on e-bay.

There are some big pines between Truckee and South Lake Tahoe. 70 + cc territory with a 30" bar for those bad boys.

I don't mess with those big boys. I usually stick to the standing (not walking) dead.

Most tree in the Truckee Tahoe area is at least a 2nd gen tree. The entire area was clear cut by the 1900. Wood was shipped to Reno and Sac to build structures and for the mines. They did however replant most of the area.

The area still produces lumber. They call it forest thinning. But these big harvesters come in an haul truck loads of the biggest trees out of the forest. Guess it is better than having a Rim (Yosemite) fire event happen here.

I miss the smell of the sugar pines in the sierras! My folks used to have a place just up the hill from you off of hwy 40.

The way I look at cheap tools is they certainly have their place. The big question is if the tool breaks could it hurt you or will the break down cost you a bunch of money. There are times where a tool breaking just isn't a big concern and if you'll only use the tool on rare occasions or for a single use/project then it's worth saving the money. If however the tools failure could put you in a bind or you plan to use it alot, put out the extra money for a quality tool.

Cheap saws certainly have their place and I'd wager they'll cut alot more wood and last alot longer than their harshest critics would have you think. Then again, most of us wouldn't buy one because we look at a saw as a long term investment and having one crap out on us could put us in a bind. I can spend $50 in fuel for my truck cutting a load of firewood, so for me spending a bit more on a quality saw is worth it to me.

If you can afford that fancy Nissan, you can afford a real chainsaw. Dont F around with chinese crap if this is going to be more than a one time occurrence.

I seen a bit of a fire incident over at South Lake Tahoe Mt. in some pine where a lot of understory had built up a lot of dry flammables. Seems that the trees there could use some tinning/spacing and the forest floor cleaned up some. A good quality 50 cc saw would do fairly well cutting softwood but as far as a Chinese saw goes I will pass on them no matter how cheap they become.

I have a 62cc chainsaw i got of ebay $78.00 including postage .at the moment i have put about 10 or 12 tanks of fuel through it and it has ran great.Had to set high as was running way to rich. IMAG0163.jpg

Truckee California.

I bought one of the earthquake cs3816 last year just to try out. Everything about it is beyond cheesy. Flimsy bar, covers, handles, and caps. Leaked bar oil really bad, it wasn't worth fixing and the saw was brand new! I made a few test cuts with it and got rid of it. Those who recommend the chinese saws, obviously are not aware of quality saws.

Latest posts

Back