10mm 044 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A2E093BC-06FC-4EC7-AA99-566D2DCBF577.jpeg 6320B2CD-6EC6-458B-A14C-22065DC7F6B3.jpeg ADC6E524-313E-4596-B356-772DBF8FE0BB.jpeg Splitting the case on a Stihl 044 10mm...... there’s one case bolt left to pull and I can’t tell if it’s a snapped off head or what..... if it isn’t it’s an entirely different size than the rest of the case bolts.
It’s the one on the front of the case..... can anybody enlighten me on this bolt? I can’t seem to see any kind of a head on the sucker. Is it a torx head or some kind of a pin???

not as familiar with these creamcycles.....

That case bolt is the same as the others. It is just filled with dirt. Get down there with a dental pick or something and get that head cleaned out so your t-27 will go in all the way. If it gets clean and there is no screw then just tap out the pin.

That case bolt is the same as the others. It is just filled with dirt. Get down there with a dental pick or something and get that head cleaned out so your t-27 will go in all the way

mike..... I thought so to but the standard case bolt won’t even fit in the hole???? Unless the head is snapped off from the other side...... I can’t tell

a lot of husqvarna models has that case screw coming in from the flywheel side. If that is the case here then the damn head is snapped off.

F2CFFB6A-A584-4B68-8873-03F8697D5096.jpeg

The meteor works, even with the design flaw.

ha- you must have seen my other thread.

I actually put that saw together with the meteor because I couldn’t find an OEM....
I sold it to a guy here locally, with a promise to refund with any piston issues. He puts some hard hours on saws, we will see how it holds up!

wolf creek (love those guys) told me they were going to speak with meteor in an effort to fix this issue. I hope they do. I’ve used a ton of meteor pistons without any issue.....

Back