192T vs 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and he had 3 climbing saws in stock NEW. 200t, 192T, 009. I am leaning towards the 192T and doing muffler and intake mods on it. I dont really have the side work at the moment to justify the 200T. plus I am going to need to buy a big saw soon because mine is borrowed. I can use the money saved from the 200T towards a 440 or mayb e evn a 660 :blob2:

Is this a good decision? This saw will not see everyday use just weekends and mayb e one night a week. if it will outrun a CS-341? 340? I will be happy!!

I'd go for it. maybe when business is slow for you, send it to a saw builder and see what they can do for it.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the 200T or the 192T. The 200T is a stronger saw, and will probably retain its value better because of this reputation, but it's anyone's guess if it's worth the extra $$$. Also, the 192T being new doesn't have track record yet, but seems to have incorporated most of the features of the 200T.

If money didn't matter, the 200T is the obvious choice, but I would bet that the 192T will server you well.

Joe

Being practically minded, I dislike the 192T due to that it uses the same chain as the polesaw. That stuff is extra expensive and doesn't last very long. Other than that it's probably a fine saw. I would consider it if it wasn't for the chain size.

DirtTroll said:
Being practically minded, I dislike the 192T due to that it uses the same chain as the polesaw. That stuff is extra expensive and doesn't last very long. Other than that it's probably a fine saw. I would consider it if it wasn't for the chain size.

Dealers can order that saw with either the slim chain (61PMN) or the same chain the MS 200T uses (63PMI).

So when I order this make sure it has the 200T chain? Or does it really matter?

What is the best size bar to get this with?

BostonBull said:
So when I order this make sure it has the 200T chain? Or does it really matter?

Hard to say. If it's your only saw, you may want the 16. I really like the 12 -- it's compact and easy to handle, and is all I need for that size saw.

If it will come with the same chain as the 200T get that chain.

The 020T/200T works well with a 16". I don't know enough about the 192T to comment on bar length.

I took the plunge today!! Bought the 192T with the same bar and chain as the 200T.

The dealer changed out the chain and bar from one off the shelf. I paid 315 with tax and everything included!!

Not too bad at all. I'll probably stop in and get one this summer. might be nice to play with a little saw.

oldsaw-addict said:
Not too bad at all. I'll probably stop in and get one this summer. might be nice to play with a little saw.

oldsaw, the darn little things are addicting. After years of always thinking I needed more saw, my little 200T gets used more than all the others combined.

My first big saw was a McCulloch timber bear my mom bought for me when I was a kid at a tag sale from some yuppie ( I love my Ma). That dep store pile o crap tears ass! Laoud though. 385 is my big boy saw now.

My 192T came with the standard .050 Chain & 14" bar same as my 200's.I Switched out the Bar and chain to the .043 Yes it was a spare for the Pruning saw I made quite a difference in the Cuts though. Has more torque now.It's still no 200 by any means.

I am curious if the choke lever is in a position to be in the way or brake off easily?
Frans

Back