1986 Vermeer 630B teeth replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaretakerCGN

Reaction score
Hey all I am a caretaker at a Children's camp and we just cut down about 15 acres of trees and now I have to grind all of the stumps close to our buildings. We bought a 1986 Vermeer 630B and after grinding over 50 stumps a good mix of hardwood and pine. We have lost three teeth and need to replace them. I was contemplating going to the greenteeth, but I don't know if our machine can take them. Or for that matter what is my best option. Thank you all for your help. I'm getting frustrated just searching the Internet.

I just finished putting 900 series green teeth on my Vermeer 665a that's been re-powered by a 60 hp diesel. I've ground about 18 large spruce stumps so far with it, and I love them. After the 18 stumps aprox. 500 inches of stump, no visual amount of wear can be seen or felt. They cut long strands off the stumps, sometimes 18" long. Mine has a 32" wheel btw, and 32 teeth, cost me some money to change it over but I like the performance of the teeth

The 630 has that funny group of side teeth on the hub. I don't know if Green Teeth work for that but call them and find out.
They should work fine for the main cutting wheel.

Back