2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool looking saw Chris.:msp_thumbup:
Did they come with that yellow pin stripes on them?
Are going to restore this one or just get it running again?

The pin striping is a custom touch from the original owner. Before he passed away, the owner restored this machine to running condition (he purchased the saw new and used it for many years before retiring it for lighter units), and used it for demo's at vintage engine displays etc. That was about 20 years ago.
I will clean this one up and it will stay as it is. It is a nice story about the original owner.

Regards,

Chris.

The pin striping is a custom touch from the original owner. Before he passed away, the owner restored this machine to running condition (he purchased the saw new and used it for many years before retiring it for lighter units), and used it for demo's at vintage engine displays etc. That was about 20 years ago.
I will clean this one up and it will stay as it is. It is a nice story about the original owner.

Regards,

Chris.

That's a neat saw if I ever saw one. I sure hope you can get it to go. We're all looking forward to watching the video of that one! Outstanding find!
Igpoe:cheers:

That's a neat saw if I ever saw one. I sure hope you can get it to go. We're all looking forward to watching the video of that one! Outstanding find!
Igpoe:cheers:

Thanks Dean. The British two man saws - Danarm, Teles, and Liner all had Villiers powerplants. They are not overly complicated engines, and were produced in significant quantities that ensures that there are still a few parts around for them today. They were a very reliable and robust powerplant. The Danarm and Teles machines were popular in Australia, and came with several engine options - culminating with the big 28B single cylinder 350cc engine. Liner saws are much harder to find from what I can gather.

Chris.

Regards,

Chris.

Great find Chris. Not too many of the Danarm saws made it to the states due to the high cost of importing back in the day. That and North American inventors were able to somewhat keep pace with home-built units here, although some did use the Villiers engines early on.

Here is a bit of British two man machinery - a Danarm Mk 3 unit powered by a 250cc Villiers Mk25A engine. This saw is a shed find, and is complete. It came with 2 spare chains and should not take much work to get running again. The beauty of this machine is that it was found in a rural area a long way from the coast, so has been high and dry for many years.

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wow very nice Chris very nice thanks for sharing

Where is all the dirt and saw crud? :D

Oh thats right, they never ran enough to collect any real usage. Thats what I have been told anyways. I think the old guys at the small show we do near the house have more fun watching me try to start the Mac and Mall. They say yep, thats what I remember. Numerous occasions I have been told that they used a Farmall Cub's pulley to start the Malls. IGPOE and Stinky have started them with their boots..

maybe i'm lucky. but one of my 99's i can go out any time and hit the primer 3 times and with in 3 to 5 pulls it will start and run. now i've just jinked the damn thing i'm shure.:msp_wink:

Cliff did they put a bow bar
on the old Titans? When
I found the the Titan J
there was a bow bar setting
there with a scratcher chain
on it It fits the saw! But
no stinger handle but has
a place to mount one?

Back