2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

What a fantastic thread...

:popcorn:
To my novice eye (2-man saw novice that is) that looks like an old electric saw......maybe a Stihl. You gents are in a whole other league of chainsaw collecting here...:bowdown:

Anybody have any experience running a Mac 7-55.

I found one today but its slightly froze up. But did come with the owners manual so I think that makes up for the missing parts like the muffler and the transmisson clamp

Aaron, bout time for some 2 mans? :biggrinbounce2:

I found one today but its slightly froze up. But did come with the owners manual so I think that makes up for the missing parts like the muffler and the transmisson clamp

Ha! I've got some growin' up to do before I'm collecting with the big boys like you and your Dad. Now I do have a friend (BIG TIME Homelite nut) who has a Mac 2-man powerhead in his barn. Think it's a 1-93 or something similar. No starter, and no bar or stinger. Hmmmmm. I'll get it out of him at some point...:D

Let's not forget the two-man saw that Marshall Trover made from the twin cylinder Homelite generator! Very handsome unit! I tried my best to get a dude in Springfield Il. to ship me his twin-gen so I could copy Marshalls' with no luck.
Igpoe:cheers:

Yeah that saw is nice.:cheers:
Marshall Trover does great work on restoring old saws.

Heres my Mall 10, When I took these pics I did not have
the helper handle but I do now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LP you weasel the 7-55 is not locked up it's the recoil and it's fixed now(Kids)and the clamp and a muffler is all it needs. I'll have it ready for you to take up to Deans and you and him can cuss it running my nerves won't stand another one.

I'll tell you guys that don't know if you've never ran one of these things they are a hoot to run and not to bad to work on. Where we went Saturday you'd not believe the number of folks that have never even seen one let alone heard one run or saw one cut. It was a big hit and we both had a super day showing them off.

A lot of the older gents came up and looked long and hard at ours and said my daddy made me help him run one of those damn things when I was little and I hope I never run another one. But you could tell they wanted to grab that stinger or the big end and have a go at it but we didn't get any takers. I love um and hope we have as many of them as we do all the other work and old saws together. Don't hurt to hope. LP we got to have a bigger TRUCK.
Ya'll saw on, saw safe,
Joe

That is a beauty Cliff. Older restoration or original?

Here are a few shots of the 7-55B in pieces. Paint is peeling off in quite a few places, but Im pretty happy with it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now to get it running

Yes sir, it has the straight bar and chain. The helper handle is a little beat up, but the one I posted the other week will probably make a dandy replacement for now.

Do you know what the B designation is for? Hopefully not bow:cry: Would have loved to found that hanging in the old shed today.

Ric-

Didn't one of the Burnett two-mans also use a twin-cylinder Villiers engine? They made like three of them.

marshall did not mention a burnett as a twin opposing.

I have 4 or 5 7-55's some are for parts but they are at Natalies right now.

Let's not forget the two-man saw that Marshall Trover made from the twin cylinder Homelite generator! Very handsome unit! I tried my best to get a dude in Springfield Il. to ship me his twin-gen so I could copy Marshalls' with no luck.
Igpoe:cheers:

Marshall is not claiming that one since it a homemade rig.

He has some other Marshall creations that could fool anyone easy. :D

Here is my Mac 940,
Has the same size engine as a 790,795 and others.

I thought that too but when you look up the bore size they are diffferent.

It is the same as the McWelder though. :)
CIMG1078.jpg

Ok, so how would a fellow go about finding a diagraphm for a 7-55 :)

Ric, I just wonder if the MCwelder runs like it counterparts- runs when it wants to :D

Ok, so how would a fellow go about finding a diagraphm for a 7-55 :)

Ric, I just wonder if the MCwelder runs like it counterparts- runs when it wants to :D

those big 2 man are tough to find carb parts for.

the small saw, ( 940 1-92 1-93 ) and the welder are a different design.

Cliff may of have worked on his 940. I havent worked on any of these yet.

Back