2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh alright. I have seen 2 of them, that are being worked on. Hope to hear them roar to life oneday.

The first one I seen was definitely a suprise.

Oh alright. I have seen 2 of them, that are being worked on. Hope to hear them roar to life oneday.

The first one I seen was definitely a suprise.

Zach,
67Mustang and I have one that runs between the two that we own, but the clutch just turned to crap Today! Keep your eyes open in your travels for one!
Igpoe
P.S. I dunno what could have happened to your carb as it was working for me!:cheers:

Zach,
67Mustang and I have one that runs between the two that we own, but the clutch just turned to crap Today! Keep your eyes open in your travels for one!
Igpoe
P.S. I dunno what could have happened to your carb as it was working for me!:cheers:

Hey Dean it ran some the day before and now we can't seem to get it to. He found some chain and stuff for it and we are trying to get it ready for the 2nd. We cleaned it out real good and it has fire and fuel up to the plug but it refuses to run. He pulled on it for an hour yesterday and it never even tried to fire not once. I tried one time and put my big paw right on the plug when I pull it and it knocked the crap out of me so we know it's got the juice and fuel.

Just wondered if I don't have the carb set right. Tried all in and out 1, 1 1/2, 2, and three rounds but we still have a no go. I was hoping you'd get on here and tell this old fool how to crank it again. I told LP we didn't have that much trouble at all getting it going the first time it came here. I'm just at a loss I've done everything I know to do. Thought I'd pull the flywheel and check it out but it has good fire. Can you help a two man brother out.

PS: I took the plunge on the DA-211 and tore the tank and everything off of it and it was full of junk. The filter and the shut off were all but stopped up. After some serious cleaning and a $33 quart of tank sealer I think you will be proud to here it run. It's got a good sound to it now and it runs like new. When it was sitting out in the yard running it made the hair on the back of my neck stick right up in the air. That's been the problem all along it was starving for fuel but it's good to go now.
Joe

Last edited:
Hey Dean it ran some the day before and now we can't seem to get it to. He found some chain and stuff for it and we are trying to get it ready for the 2nd. We cleaned it out real good and it has fire and fuel up to the plug but it refuses to run. He pulled on it for an hour yesterday and it never even tried to fire not once. I tried one time and put my big paw right on the plug when I pull it and it knocked the crap out of me so we know it's got the juice and fuel.

Just wondered if I don't have the carb set right. Tried all in and out 1, 1 1/2, 2, and three rounds but we still have a no go. I was hoping you'd get on here and tell this old fool how to crank it again. I told LP we didn't have that much trouble at all getting it going the first time it came here. I'm just at a loss I've done everything I know to do. Thought I'd pull the flywheel and check it out but it has good fire. Can you help a two man brother out.

PS: I took the plunge on the DA-211 and tore the tank and everything off of it and it was full of junk. The filter and the shut off were all but stopped up. After some serious cleaning and a $33 quart of tank sealer I think you will be proud to here it run. It's got a good sound to it now and it runs like new. When it was sitting out in the yard running it made the hair on the back of my neck stick right up in the air. That's been the problem all along it was starving for fuel but it's good to go now.
Joe

Sounds to me like you have a fouled plug (or a cracked insulator). If the carb's set 'wrong' but you've got fuel to the plug, then she should at least bark a bit during an hour of pulling......if the plug's good.

If the plug is fouled or shot, then all the pulling, strong (knock the crap outa ya) spark juice, and fuel won't even make 'er pop...:givebeer:

Joe

SP,
Start over, go back to ZERO, fresh,clean cylinder and dry of fuel, etc. Clean carb,no gas, no nothing. Even clean the threads that the spark plug uses into the head. All clean and All dry! Close the idle circuit,(air bleed screw) and open the main 1 turn. Open the fuel and close the choke for only two pulls. Now, if you don't have fuel in the cylinder yet,tickle it until it dribbles out and then pull twice more with full choke. If no fire and start at this point,check for flooding again. Still no fuel in the cylinder? Squirt it from the left exhaust hole and rock the piston back and forth before pulling again. If this doesn't work, then you're imagining spark that doesn't exist! Just make sure you go from dry and clean to damp with gas slowly before flooding.
If you have air and fuel and spark, it WILL RUN.
Intermittant spark is tough to diagnose, intermittant fuel is not.
Dean:cheers:

Sounds to me like you have a fouled plug (or a cracked insulator). If the carb's set 'wrong' but you've got fuel to the plug, then she should at least bark a bit during an hour of pulling......if the plug's good.

If the plug is fouled or shot, then all the pulling, strong (knock the crap outa ya) spark juice, and fuel won't even make 'er pop...:givebeer:[/QUOTE

I thought about that I'll try a new plug in the morning. We took the plug out a bunch of times and it has fire when gronded on the head. So I took it to be ok. Like was stated it had all the right combos but it just wouldn't go.

I KNOW BETTER than this but I gave it one shot of starting fluid and it didn't help at all.

SP,
Start over, go back to ZERO, fresh,clean cylinder and dry of fuel, etc. Clean carb,no gas, no nothing. Even clean the threads that the spark plug uses into the head. All clean and All dry! Close the idle circuit,(air bleed screw) and open the main 1 turn. Open the fuel and close the choke for only two pulls. Now, if you don't have fuel in the cylinder yet,tickle it until it dribbles out and then pull twice more with full choke. If no fire and start at this point,check for flooding again. Still no fuel in the cylinder? Squirt it from the left exhaust hole and rock the piston back and forth before pulling again. If this doesn't work, then you're imagining spark that doesn't exist! Just make sure you go from dry and clean to damp with gas slowly before flooding.
If you have air and fuel and spark, it WILL RUN.
Intermittant spark is tough to diagnose, intermittant fuel is not.
Dean:cheers:

Now that's what I wanted to hear a step by step intro to this thing. Is the idle curcuit the one that screws in the back against the butterfly, and i'm guessing the main is the big one on the bottom. It's leaking some around it don't know if that makes any difference or not.
Thanks

Now that's what I wanted to hear a step by step intro to this thing. Is the idle curcuit the one that screws in the back against the butterfly, and i'm guessing the main is the big one on the bottom. It's leaking some around it don't know if that makes any difference or not.
Thanks

If it will leak gas out,besides being somewhat dangerous, it will leak air in when running. One turn out for a beginning place is just that,a beginning place. I have many that have been screwed in so hard that the keen point is dull as crap so some have to run at less than one turn out so as to be lean enough to open up!.
Igpoe:cheers:

If it will leak gas out,besides being somewhat dangerous, it will leak air in when running. One turn out for a beginning place is just that,a beginning place. I have many that have been screwed in so hard that the keen point is dull as crap so some have to run at less than one turn out so as to be lean enough to open up!.
Igpoe:cheers:

Ok I'll check it all out in the morning after all my Dr. visits. I think I got wizzed at the thing or didn't do something right and that bothers me some. We try to get um all going and this one has me puzzled.
Thanks for the help. Take care and hope to see ya soon.
Joe

Thank you Dean! :bowdown: I knew you would pop in sometime.

And Poulan 52 is on the find list. :) Seems I heard that number somewhere the other day. hah, Ill check into it.

Found some set tooth chain- scratcher for it, I think. And some Mall 1/2 or 9/16s links and presets the other day.

Heres my Craftsman 1200B two man saw.
I have two bars and chains for it.

20 inch bar on it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

34 inch bar.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Cliff, is that one of them "Cartoon" bars, like you had on that Mac gear drive? Sure looks like it. Looks more at home on the 2-Man monster.:cheers:

Hey Cliff, is that one of them "Cartoon" bars, like you had on that Mac gear drive? Sure looks like it. Looks more at home on the 2-Man monster.:cheers:

Yes its the same bar. I just mounted on the mac to see what it looked
like and to take some pics of it. Everything is back to normal now...LoL

does it run and do you have the book for it yet?

Yes, Remember I got one of those nice Books you made up.

I still need the pully starter cover for it and clean the carb.
It has good spark and comprisson.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
A step in the right direction!
attachment.php

Haha, 250 2 man :D
attachment.php

2 set tooth-scratcher chains. Mall brand. And a 1/2 inch for the 36" or so, Mac bar, dont know who made the chain but has a F in a small circle on some of the links
attachment.php

The Mall 7! The saw is not showing spark through the tester, old tech told us it needed to be jumping 1/2" gap. Working on that problem now... Hoping the points may just need to be cleaned.

Last edited:
Back