2 Stroke Oil (Cerma)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually been eyeballin' that lucas oil for a while.used to use valvoline two stroke for years but switched to stihl orange bottle.then stihl silver bottle and back to orangeafter the headaches.may try some lucas though.oil Iis one thing im not afraid to switch.

I have 3 older Stihl chainsaws 201T,009L,041AV. The 041 smokes a lot. Just bought all 3 a month ago. I have been watching You-tube videos on 2 stroke oil…called CERMA. Anyone out there recommend this oil to use ? If not , What about AMSOIL or Royal Purple ? Any of them snake oil ? Over the years I've bought the cheap stuff and don't want to do that with these Stihls. I appreciate any of the help anyone can give me.
Amsoil is good Bob.

I have actually been eyeballin' that lucas oil for a while.used to use valvoline two stroke for years but switched to stihl orange bottle.then stihl silver bottle and back to orangeafter the headaches.may try some lucas though.oil Iis one thing im not afraid to switch.
just imagine no smoke,smell and no headaches. its easy mixing. mixes well with E10 or E0 and has a new blue color.

i got 144 cans of this stuff it smells good and is low smoke love the classic metal cans also.
511qvF2gm6L.jpg

I hope you mean that he uses Lucas motor oil in his truck, and NOT the Lucas 2 cycle oil

Yes, running Lucas 2 cycle in your saws @ 32:1 will give you all the lube you need, and keep the combustion area real clean.
I suppose you could get away with 40:1 as well, but I would rather give my equipment the added oil for lubricating with 32:1

Now, the moped might be oil injected, and I would have to see how it looks inside after running it to be sure.

If the moped is mix gas/oil in one tank, then its a home run !!
Thanks for the info

i got them for 10 dollars per case at a dealer closing down. mine is mostly old stock from 1999
it turns the gas dark green.

Amsoil is good Bob.
I cant believe it, but I have to disagree with you on this.
Amsoil started building up carbon in the combustion chambers on my motors.
The Lucas is WAY better when looking inside; oil wise and clean wise

Latest posts

Back