$20/pound sweet seed corn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to look ambrosia up....not dumb but being in research you don't see the retail product side. I have never planted sweet corn because everyone else does and people are willing to share. Pioneer used to plant sweet corn for the employees but someone got the bright idea to harvest a lot of it and sell it. :( The perk was discontinued.

I bet my garden is 500 to 700ft2, so very small compared to a lot of you. If I'm going to put in the work for a garden I need the seeds to germinate. I planted a whole pack of green beans seeds and I didn't have a single one come up. Just like my carrots. Frustrating
Kyle,

I might have asked you before but have you ever known GW Fuhr. He might still be called 'Dubb". He is pretty far up with Pioneer at the corporate level. He grew up not far away. I went to high school with him and his brother. His mother was my Kindergarten teacher. The last I saw him was in about 2016 when he and his brother were buying more land here.

@kyle1! What kind of green beans? For early I only plant provider because they are one of the only brown/black seeds. They germinate better in cooler soil temperatures than the white seeded types.
These were brown seeds and just ordinary bush beans. I plant my garden memorial day weekend because that seems the time I get to it. These brown green bean seeds were planted in June after my initial planting germinated sparsely.

No GW Fuhr in the company email list. He probably retired or was let go when we became Corteva

Had to look ambrosia up....not dumb but being in research you don't see the retail product side. I have never planted sweet corn because everyone else does and people are willing to share. Pioneer used to plant sweet corn for the employees but someone got the bright idea to harvest a lot of it and sell it. :( The perk was discontinued.

I bet my garden is 500 to 700ft2, so very small compared to a lot of you. If I'm going to put in the work for a garden I need the seeds to germinate. I planted a whole pack of green beans seeds and I didn't have a single one come up. Just like my carrots. Frustrating
I have planted pioneer sweet corn. I will rank it up pretty high but to be honest I don’t know how to buy it. I get small bags from them for buying seed corn I plant enough to eat and give away

Just went grocery shopping. Onions are crazy expensive .
Owmt.jpg

These were brown seeds and just ordinary bush beans. I plant my garden memorial day weekend because that seems the time I get to it. These brown green bean seeds were planted in June after my initial planting germinated sparsely.

No GW Fuhr in the company email list. He probably retired or was let go when we became Corteva
I will check with his cousin. He may have left as I know he made plenty with them. I will say when I interviewed with Pioneer in 2000 I shot myself in foot when we talked salary. I had never been to an interview that started with breakfast at the headquarters, lunch at Benigans, and all afternoon with the top shots. It was a long day.

Looks like he did leave.

About​

G.W. Fuhr joins Syngenta as Head of U.S. Branded Sales and Biofuels. Fuhr spent more than 19 years at DuPont Pioneer leading teams in both North America and Europe, as well as working globally to develop a long-term portfolio strategy. Throughout his career, he has led teams in Sales, Marketing, Product Line Management and Portfolio Management. Fuhr studied agribusiness at Iowa State University and received his MBA from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University.

Latest posts

Back