2011/2012 Husqvarna vs. Jonsered Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the angle of the starter handle on the jonsereds better also. When the 555 comes out in black the one I've got will probably go down the road for one of them.

Visited a Jonsered dealer yesterday that I pass by occasionally. He was giving a sales pitch to a customer that the Jonerserds are the 'commercial grade' Husquvarna saws.

Philbert

Not really true, but some are, like with the Husky saws. All Jonsereds are basically the same as some Husky model by now, and all but the two cheapest are made at the Husky factory.
The two cheapest are made at the Poulan factory, but aren't rebadged Poulans, as with Husky.

I prefer Jonsered, and was dismayed a few years ago when my fave Jonsered dealer quietly more-or-less dropped the line due to pressure from Husqvarna. He has a fairly small business, moving around 100 saws a year divided between Husky and Jonsered. Now he sells 65 saws a year and about 15 Husky mowers (along with some farm/milkhouse equipment, etc.) Proves a point made earlier that brand loyalty is important. It really sucks that the next nearest Jonsered dealers consider it to be an adjunct line, and a chainsaw sale is really only an entre to buying a Cub Cadet or Arctic Cat.

I don't have a "Jones" for lawnmowers; they're just a tool, and when they don't work anymore I take care of that. I have a Toro rider and Husky rider (Yeah, I know...but I really like the old Jonsered guy)

Another thing that bugs me is that while I do live in an area that is served by Tilton, they apparently have little leverage as far as getting red saws in the newer models. It has always taken a while.Those on the west coast who get their Jonsered saws from N. Carolina (Nobody will admit it, but its really Husqvarna) have to put up with an even slimmer offering; for example they didn't use to have access to the 2153 (competes with the newer 346) or 2156 (competes with 357) and scuttlebutt was waits were long for 2188 some years...now it doesn't show up on dealer websites or Jonsered/West. Also no trimmers or other Jonsered product. I guess they push the Husqvarna hoping to force some brand loyalty conversion? You tell me.

I won't say anything bad about the product line Husqvarna makes, except that when the orange fades in the sun, they look really sick. Jonsereds doesn't seem to do that as bad.

When I wanted to buy a back up saw for my favorite huskies I bought Jonsered.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg
\

I spent some time with the owner of a "chain" of farm stores doing a little consulting work. He won a sales contest and got a trip to Husky's factory for a three day visit. He said the workers really don't know what brand they will build from say to day, he said he watched Huskies being built on one line and the very next day, Jonsereds were going down it. Other than cosmetics/handle angle color of plastic his opinion is there really isn't any difference between the brands. His opinion was why even continue the Jonsered line in the US, people would transition to Husky.

I spent some time with the owner of a "chain" of farm stores doing a little consulting work. He won a sales contest and got a trip to Husky's factory for a three day visit. He said the workers really don't know what brand they will build from say to day, he said he watched Huskies being built on one line and the very next day, Jonsereds were going down it. Other than cosmetics/handle angle color of plastic his opinion is there really isn't any difference between the brands. His opinion was why even continue the Jonsered line in the US, people would transition to Husky.

Yes, but Jonsered has the best brand recognition in some areas, both here and in the US and Canada. :smile2:

Husky wouldn't do this, unless there were profits involved!

Back