20th Saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 saws!?!?!?!

I have 3 one that runs and the rest are well junk sorta haha.

Why stock, even rare?

Looks like the time is fast approaching. I am knocking on the door of my 20th chainsaw. Now mind you a few are in project status. The rest do run. Now this is just an amusement thread and some may skip it by. Take a look at my signature and give it some thought....what do you guys think would make a good 20th saw.

It doesnt have to be a brand that I already have just have fun with it. Get the old brain a cooking.

If you have done that many, you got it down already. There ain't no more "new frontiers" just repairing old junk, so time to go ultra custom, just like car gear heads, the guys who build a car starting with welding up their own tubular frames. You are obviously wanting to expand your engineering knowledge. So..build one from scratch, start with a two stroke motorcycle engine, say around a 90 or 125..... make you a manly man saw.....

If you have done that many, you got it down already. There ain't no more "new frontiers" just repairing old junk, so time to go ultra custom, just like car gear heads, the guys who build a car starting with welding up their own tubular frames. You are obviously wanting to expand your engineering knowledge. So..build one from scratch, start with a two stroke motorcycle engine, say around a 90 or 125..... make you a manly man saw.....

Crap what are you doing in my head? I was talking to a buddy about that very thing the other day.

:agree2: Make a manly man saw!!

Crap what are you doing in my head? I was talking to a buddy about that very thing the other day.

I thought about it a lot. hardest part would be the bar oiler. have to come up with an external small PTO, or just go to an old school oil reservoir and pushbutton squirter system. that can be mounted anywhere. Centrifugal clutch and sprocket//pfft, all over in karts and minibikes and mopeds. Sprocket to run a chain, more pfft.....Frame and handle, some nice *metal*, it's gonna be heavy anyway so who cares....

It'll be a torque monster for sure, no more of that having to ease off in the cut when she bogs down, you can manly man ir right on down, get yore money's worth... I've seen that in a lot of videos here, even the ported jobs, you can see them start to bog for a sec and the operator gotta ease off a scosh...ya, they turn fast, but someone else made them.....you need your own made by you saw..then you can add custom stickers and paint, etc

%^)

More Foreign Flair?

Well how about something with some Italian Flair like an Olympyk? Or maybe some Oriental influence with more size than a 302 and spelled funny like a Shindaiwa, Makes You maybe want to take it fishing with You!:hmm3grin2orange:
Or something in ALL Orange like a 272 or 246, or a 268 , or 372 ,or 3120, 61, or 242, etc. etc.!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Well how about something with some Italian Flair like an Olympyk? Or maybe some Oriental influence with more size than a 302 and spelled funny like a Shindaiwa, Makes You maybe want to take it fishing with You!:hmm3grin2orange:
Or something in ALL Orange like a 272 or 246, or a 268 , or 372 ,or 3120, 61, or 242, etc. etc.!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Olympic huh I never considered one of those.

No Huskys here thanks.

20 saws!?!?!?!

I have 3 one that runs and the rest are well junk sorta haha.

Clay you are getting behind son....I thought you had a 8500 on the hook? What happened?

Cliff, if he hadn't lied about the 8500 he could have had one of these like you got....

[video=youtube;ayGkAVoBPwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayGkAVoBPwk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Clay you are getting behind son....I thought you had a 8500 on the hook? What happened?
That was 3 months ago...
Cliff, if he hadn't lied about the 8500 he could have had one of these like you got....

[video=youtube;ayGkAVoBPwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayGkAVoBPwk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Darn! i sure missed out:msp_rolleyes:

So much for choosing my 20 th saw....it sorta happened by itself.

I had an 8 saw day today..and possibly a 9 saw day.

I got a Mac 10-10, a 163 pm, a Homelite Xl-12 blue, a Dolmar 122s and a 112 some little crappy Homelite....then a Poulan Micro and a Husky 45 and then there is the Write Recip that I havent commited to yet....

Combined cost 80 bucks I guess sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

So much for choosing my 20 th saw....it sorta happened by itself.

I had an 8 saw day today..and possibly a 9 saw day.

I got a Mac 10-10, a 163 pm, a Homelite Xl-12 blue, a Dolmar 122s and a 112 some little crappy Homelite....then a Poulan Micro and a Husky 45 and then there is the Write Recip that I havent commited to yet....

Combined cost 80 bucks I guess sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Ummm.......PICS????

Good score

great score. nice thread. so now you're lookin at your 30th saw.
i recommend an Oly like previously recommended by Kennygee. either:
- 264, 264 deluxe, 264f, 264f deluxe - 60cc
- 272f - 67cc
- 284, 284f, 284mfp - 81cc
these are incredibly simple yet hardy professional saws that will run forever.

Last edited:
Back