242xp or something newer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasnt any 246XPG, only 246G far as I know.
They where just as populare as 42 Special in Norway.
42, 42 special, 246, 246G, 242 SG, 242 XPG is some of the nicest saws Husky ever have made!
you are correct. I got a little off on my numbers. The 246 was never an XP. I should know, Ive had 246s and 3 242xp.

This has me wishing Dad was technology friendly. I can find pictures of 246xp's online but no XPG. I know it is a heated handle 246 that he special ordered, it is non cat(grey gas cap not green,) and he swears up down and sideways that it is an XPG. Is this some sort of unicorn?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This has me wishing Dad was technology friendly. I can find pictures of 246xp's online but no XPG. I know it is a heated handle 246 that he special ordered, it is non cat(grey gas cap not green,) and he swears up down and sideways that it is an XPG. Is this some sort of unicorn?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
if it's one 246xpg it's one of a million saw.
There isnt anything about xpg in Huskies IPL:s.
Anyway, 42/242/246 is the best limbing machine ever made, it's not only the rpms, it's the balance, how toned it is and so on.

There were some 246xp designated saws at the end of the production line, but I never really learned if they were any different from the common open port 246 saws?

As there was an xp, it is only natural that there also was an xpg - the "g" models often came out before the others in Scandinavia...

There were some 246xp designated saws at the end of the production line, but I never really learned if they were any different from the common open port 246 saws?

As there was an xp, it is only natural that there also was an xpg - the "g" models often came out before the others in Scandinavia...

thanks for the info Niko.:rock:

if they first had it labeled XP the heathed version would be XPG.
If his dad has one of them I would love to see lots of pictures and also pictures where they label the jug as Gilardoni.

I am happy you are everywhere Niko, me learning something new each day!

if they first had it labeled XP the heathed version would be XPG.
If his dad has one of them I would love to see lots of pictures and also pictures where they label the jug as Gilardoni.

I am happy you are everywhere Niko, me learning something new each day!

"Everywhere" is where I mostly gain info, and Husky is by far the easiest brand to find info on.

Back