Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree monkey

tree monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
beefie your casting a broad net when you make such statements like you did (what other builders do that). there are two other builders on here that run what they build for a living. i dont want to get into any pissing matches becouse there just not my thing but when someones out of line youdam skippy ill speak up.

terry, i don't think he knows what every builder does for a living. i don't.

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
beefie your casting a broad net when you make such statements like you did (what other builders do that). there are two other builders on here that run what they build for a living. i dont want to get into any pissing matches becouse there just not my thing but when someones out of line youdam skippy ill speak up.

Like I had said I don't hang out on the chainsaw forums much , so I don't get a chance to see all the builders. I have only seen 1 or 2 of posts from you while I was surfing around. I see that you do logging and saw building, I am wondering who is the other one, because I don't no .

So if you think I am out of line so be it, there has been alot of new sponsers that have come on since I joined, and there has been a few that left and a person wonders wear they went.

I guess I should have used a ? mark instead of a period on the end of that statement I made.

Like I said before I did not want this to turn into a BS pissing matchlike other threads have gone.

Beefie

Andyshine77
Yeah it never fails,,,, There's always some ego freak just waitin to be abeatin his own drum or callin BS over someone elses work,,, can't leave well enough alone,,,,, he prolly has an extra shelf,,, just for stop watches!!!!

Sorry do disappoint, but I only have two stop watches thank you very much.:msp_biggrin:

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah it never fails,,,, There's always some ego freak just waitin to be abeatin his own drum or callin BS over someone elses work,,, can't leave well enough alone,,,,, he prolly has an extra shelf,,, just for stop watches!!!!

I'm not looking for any trouble...just like to watch the vids of the saw builds is all.

lmbrman

lmbrman

stumped
Just for the record, I did not say that TM does bad work or that he's a bad guy. I don't know him or his work well enough to have an opinion. All I'm saying is that a woods port does not create a >60% improvement in cut times, not in any saw, from any builder. That's all.

I think you might outbuild Scott, and I know you stated in your '390 monster' thread you did not want to ship the saw to Scott's GTG because of the shipping cost.

I'll pay the shipping cost- send it up here. 390 or 260

I would love to see the best saws around. I don't know who that builder is. I am not a builder, just a user.

tommyus4

tommyus4

ArboristSite Operative
Seems to me, if you took a stock 260 (that was known to run right) and ran it through the same wood and per chance the time was around 20 seconds, then everyone would be right...

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
I'm not looking for any trouble...just like to watch the vids of the saw builds is all.

I'm not either and i enjoy the vids as much as any other cad freak that hangs out here,,, to be clear,,, I hope you didnt think My comment was directed at you or anyone person here,,,, I was just observing the usual dog and pony show that pretty much happens every single time!!!

Last edited:
lmbrman

lmbrman

stumped
Not real surprising in that size wood. Most 066s simply don't turn the RPMs of smaller saws, so don't shine until in big wood. Nothing new there. That's why my favorite saws are 50cc and 70cc.

Ok, maybe I will get flamed for derailing, or worse :) Not being a builder myself, is there anything about the nature of the 60 cc saws that make them more difficult to port, or less to gain? Curious cause that is what I cut with mostly, and I understand everybody has differnet wood :msp_wink:

Sizing the saw to wood is important. I guess of never thought of it being an issue for cookie cutters- you guys don't hike in very far and you know what is waiting for you :hmm3grin2orange:

back on track- I might have kept my stock 260 if I had seen that video first. Mine was a turd from the start and wasted a lot of my time. I suspect now it might have weird ports.I tried everything else. I think I did see a thread from you Brad on a saw with ports that were way outta normal. Wish I had seen that thread before selling my saw as I now expect a good port job would have fixed it.

Andyshine77
I never thought the 260's ran all that bad stock with a MM.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoKHErMFruU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoKHErMFruU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Seems to me, if you took a stock 260 (that was known to run right) and ran it through the same wood and per chance the time was around 20 seconds, then everyone would be right...

The before vid was the stock saw, I have owned it since new. The chain was brand new out of the box for testing. Do you think maybe the saw was not running right from the get go? I never had another 260 around to compare mine to . Maybe the saw was not right from the factory, like I said I was never really impressed with it stock.Looking forward to your feedback tommy.

Beefie

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
I never thought the 260's ran all that bad stock with a MM.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoKHErMFruU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoKHErMFruU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thanks for the vid andy. So if i understand you right the 260 only had a mm on it? Correct. If that is the cause it was way faster than my saw was stock.

Beefie

Latest posts