261c problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laslabjohn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was cutting the other day and my saw lost all power. checked cylinder looked good, removed fire screen. checked air and fuel filter nothing, any suggestions? The saw doesnt have 5 tanks through it. I pulled the muffler and fired it up for a second and it seemed to run fine. I has good compression.

I was cutting the other day and my saw lost all power. checked cylinder looked good, removed fire screen. checked air and fuel filter nothing, any suggestions? The saw doesnt have 5 tanks through it. I pulled the muffler and fired it up for a second and it seemed to run fine. I has good compression.
Water in the fuel hopefully?

ok I will see If I can find a new muffler just to make sure. thanks for all the responses.
Yes get a new OEM muffler and run / idle it until it discolors even on another saw if you have to then take it in. There are a few dealers around me "not my dealer" but that is the first thing they check to see if something was modified so they can void the warranty and put the bill on your dime.
I had a Stihl BG55 that was a lemon, took it back three times and the first two times back to them they were looking it over before doing anything so I asked the what are you looking for? They replied just seeing if it has been modified or altered. Well that flew all over me and I lit them up properly, needless to say I have not purchased a single item from them and would drive out of my way to order a part from someone else before I ever spent another dime with them.

ok I will see If I can find a new muffler just to make sure. thanks for all the responses.
And dont forget to use a torgue wrench when you put the new muffler......................................................... if you like warranties......... just saying

Back