268xp rebuild and 365 special #2....pics inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
101_8340.jpg

ok

got an 09 w/limited coil, still under factory warranty, have an older 372 BB kit that may get installed someday, but seems they dont impress until they have been massaged and I haven't made that jump in the CAD progression yet..but:rockn:

Send me your piston and cylinder and I'll do some machining on it for ya....;)
DSC00492.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

the second part of this thread is about semi vs full, Ive been obsessing about trying the semi as the selling points had me intrigued, now that Ive tried both on like saws I think I'm gonna stick w/full as it is probably 10-20% faster because it is taking chips that are twice as big,i didn't time the cuts but when your behind the saw you all know when ones faster of slower when its one after the other, the pics I have posted aren't the greatest but you can see the different size chips 268 chips semi 365chips full cutting 2nd year on the ground cottonwood blowdown starting to loose its bark
full
100_4959.jpg

100_4958.jpg

semi
100_4954.jpg

100_4952.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

man you modifiers do beautiful work, thanks for the offer, may take you up on that in the future BTW how is the newest PROJECT coming along??

man you modifiers do beautiful work, thanks for the offer, may take you up on that in the future BTW how is the newest PROJECT coming along??

The project is done, ran a couple tanks through it today. It's much stronger than the last 372 I did...

Video

Title says it all:hmm3grin2orange: glad to hear it cant wait to vibrate stuff off the computer desk when you post the vid, scares the dogs too but the parrot has cad too she likes it when I have the speakers on listening to the saws:chainsaw: in the vids almost as much as she likes Heavy Metal:rockn:

new Chinese method called friction porting:hmm3grin2orange:

Let me know when you do it can we do a threeway call????

3way huu. Hmmm

Thank you once again!!

Your welcome.

should have clarified 044 70+cc's partner R440T 100cc's

Ahhh ok, I see now.

It is mostly on the US market (and maybe the Oz one) that the high tops dominate, it is just an option elsewhere. Normally it isn't needed, and just add weight and bulk. The specs are for the low-top versions, even in the US...:D

There are plenty of each around here. I prefer the hightop.

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

that's really awesome work. What kind of cutter do you use when machining the base? I should use the power feed, I'd get a better finish like that.

Also what piston is that??? Not a normal 372 one. Is that a BB or OEM Kit?

that's really awesome work. What kind of cutter do you use when machining the base? I should use the power feed, I'd get a better finish like that.

Also what piston is that??? Not a normal 372 one. Is that a BB or OEM Kit?

I use just a plain old high speed steel bit in the lathe, does a real nice job on the aluminum. Yes, the power feed makes it look much better.

Piston is a Meteor 372 replacement, machined the top on the lathe and milled some windows in it.

All I had sitting around the house is some Cottonwood logs about 16"-18", the saw is wearing 20" Total Superbar and Oregon 73LGX chain fresh off the grinder...
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q7bs78OfZ0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have not put a tach on it, just tuned by ear. Still a little rich for cookie cutting but that's not what it is for.

Maybe next weekend I'll get a video of it in some Oak or Locust.

I use just a plain old high speed steel bit in the lathe, does a real nice job on the aluminum. Yes, the power feed makes it look much better.

Piston is a Meteor 372 replacement, machined the top on the lathe and milled some windows in it.

Ok, that makes sense, those windows didn't look done by hand. I just did windows in the one I'm doing up now, but done by hand.

All I had sitting around the house is some Cottonwood logs about 16"-18", the saw is wearing 20" Total Superbar and Oregon 73LGX chain fresh off the grinder...

I have not put a tach on it, just tuned by ear. Still a little rich for cookie cutting but that's not what it is for.

That's running real nice!!! What kind of timing numbers did ya use? If ya don't mind sharing.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q7bs78OfZ0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wild woodchips batman...you've REALLY got that thing SCREEEEEEMIN!!! cable modem bout fell off the shelf:rock: glad to see the ol girl turned out very well:msp_drool: BTW have you done a BB kit mod yet? I have an early model kit in the dungeon collecting dust, Ill look it over and see if it has any of the flaws that some of them reportedly had and if its good Ill round up some OEM rings if you think the kit piston will hold up, and take you up on your offer, if your still game:msp_biggrin:also noticed how the noodles clog the clutch cover, wus thinking bout modding a chinese cc so that dont happen, what do ya think?

wild woodchips batman...you've REALLY got that thing SCREEEEEEMIN!!! cable modem bout fell off the shelf:rock: glad to see the ol girl turned out very well:msp_drool: BTW have you done a BB kit mod yet? I have an early model kit in the dungeon collecting dust, Ill look it over and see if it has any of the flaws that some of them reportedly had and if its good Ill round up some OEM rings if you think the kit piston will hold up, and take you up on your offer, if your still game:msp_biggrin:also noticed how the noodles clog the clutch cover, wus thinking bout modding a chinese cc so that dont happen, what do ya think?

Yes, do not use the rings that come in the kit. I use Caber rings from Baileys, they are very good.

Back