• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 288 saw new in the box nos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy and I had this conversation last time I visited. "The 2 series saws are rugged and bulletproof" (Randy's words). Ive had both. Both ported. The 390xp is smoother and makes more rpm. The 288 has butt loads of torque and an exhaust note that is unparalleled amongst saws. I like the unrefined rawness of the 288 over the 390xp.

I haven't ran a 390, but one advantage I see with it is age. You can still find and order parts for the 288, but I can see that is gonna be getting harder! One good thing with the 288 is that it shares crank seals, bearings and other parts with its newer brothers.

I'm a Lil light in the wallet bought thisView attachment 428498

They make those trucks every day. They no longer make 288's (except in Malaysia or brazil or whatever :rock:). A duramax would be sweet, but the thought of a NIB 288 is truly boner-inspiring :surprised3:. I am poor so i have to speculate and live vicariously through guys like you that i wish would just buy this thing.

They make those trucks every day. They no longer make 288's (except in Malaysia or brazil or whatever :rock:). A duramax would be sweet, but the thought of a NIB 288 is truly boner-inspiring :surprised3:. I am poor so i have to speculate and live vicariously through guys like you that i wish would just buy this thing.
After buying my first new truck I'm broke for awhile . believe me I'm even searching for side work to buy this saw. The economy sucks right now where I live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back