• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@psuiewalsh tell me more about that.
@HuskStihl the reason I'm considering delisting the gasket is simple: i forgot to order new gaskets and the rest of the parts i needle got here already... So i may need to use silicone to seal the jug- hence that concern, otherwise, i wouldnt do it.

@HuskStihl the reason I'm considering delisting the gasket is simple: i forgot to order new gaskets and the rest of the parts i needle got here already... So i may need to use silicone to seal the jug- hence that concern, otherwise, i wouldnt do it.

Wait...sealant....not "silicone" ...right???

Edit :Off to "search" for silicone sealant.

If using new intake gaskets and carb gaskets make sure the holes are the same location as your originals. The replacement may not be punched.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I guess im just gonna run with the old gasket for now

I'm back to square one.
I'm getting no fuel. I've rebuilt the carb. Nothing.
So now I've discovered the following: I'm missing 3 or 4 av mounts- i got the rubber ones. If any of you guys have em, please let me know.
I also pulled the clutch and oiler, and didnt see much that would resemble a seal between the bearing and the back of the oiler. Can any of yall send me a pic of what that seal looks like and where does it go...
The bearing is tight- no play or wobble, but didnt have a seal- weird.
To add insult to injury, i found out the tank leaks. Can i fix that with epoxy? (Jb weld or the likes...)
Anyhow, that's where im at.
Ps: whats the gap between the flywheel and the ignition? Pulled that apart to clean, put it back together and now i get no spark...
Thanks for your help and patience!

Ps: whats the gap between the flywheel and the ignition? Pulled that apart to clean, put it back together and now i get no spark...

most folks suffice to using just a plain old business card between the coil and flywheel for set'n gap. Works for me ;) Hope that'l get your spark back.

Hey guys: spaced the coil with a card and she ran away!!
Now i need to tune the carb right and away we go!!
Im ordering the mounts today and a looking for a heat shield too.
Thanks for all the help so far!
Ps: if anyone has a 28" bar 3/8 .50 gauge, let me know. I could put it to use!

@Eccentric thanks. I'll look for those.
I got carried away and started revving the saw- i forgot to put the cover back on, so i shot the clutch and drum and everything else into the horizon....
So i guess I'll add those seals to the "to buy" list! Lol

You've learned why it's a bad idea to run a powerhead without a bar/chain........especially if it has not been ran with a chain after the clutch was installed. Running with a chain tightens the clutch farther than we can by hand...

Latest posts

Back