• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back to square one.
I'm getting no fuel. I've rebuilt the carb. Nothing.
So now I've discovered the following: I'm missing 3 or 4 av mounts- i got the rubber ones. If any of you guys have em, please let me know.
I also pulled the clutch and oiler, and didnt see much that would resemble a seal between the bearing and the back of the oiler. Can any of yall send me a pic of what that seal looks like and where does it go...
The bearing is tight- no play or wobble, but didnt have a seal- weird.
To add insult to injury, i found out the tank leaks. Can i fix that with epoxy? (Jb weld or the likes...)
Anyhow, that's where im at.
Ps: whats the gap between the flywheel and the ignition? Pulled that apart to clean, put it back together and now i get no spark...
Thanks for your help and patience!
Measure the ID and OD of that seal I have one around here but IDK what side it fits .

I dont have a metric caliper. Standard only.
Im going to split the case, replace the bearings, the gaskets, the seal. Epoxy the tank wherever it leaks, replace the av mounts, the clutch i threw into the sunset, and it should be a done deal.
Lone wolf- i got 7 pin 3/8. Thats what you are running right?

I dont have a metric caliper. Standard only.
Im going to split the case, replace the bearings, the gaskets, the seal. Epoxy the tank wherever it leaks, replace the av mounts, the clutch i threw into the sunset, and it should be a done deal.
Lone wolf- i got 7 pin 3/8. Thats what you are running right?
Yes . Stock 3/8

I'm getting zero play in the crank, but the piston wobbles. Is that normal or is the crank compromised?

Latest posts

Back