3 Poulans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My weekend project was 3 Poulans, a 1900 and 2 Poulan Pros, a 220 and a 260.

The 1900 was one I picked up to make a loaner saw out of, it seemed to have good compression but no spark.
1.jpg

The first thing I did was pull the muffler and see what kind of shape the top end was in.
I removed the two bolts but something was holding it and it wouldn't come off. I popped the front half of the muffler off so I could see inside and found the piston/cylinder to be in good shape. What was holding the muffler was a wood screw through the side of it... WTH???
2.jpg

So I pulled the starter off and found that the previous owner had stripped the screw holes for the coil and decided to use long wood screws to try and mount the coil (I thought I had seen everything)
3-1.jpg

I also discovered the intake manifold was broken
I decided to disassemble it and put everything in another body.
It got a cleaned and rebuilt carburetor, new fuel/primer lines, and a new (used) coil & manifold
6.jpg

It runs good, the chain brake didn't work so I put and old style brakeless clutch cover on it. I didn't have a top cover for it, so I'll need to find one and it needs a new primer bulb. I robbed one off of the other saws long enough to get it running...

The PP 220 started and ran great but the fuel tank was leaking at the seam, I swapped everything over into a good used body and installed new fuel/primer lines on it while I had it apart. I had another PP 260 parts saw, it uses the same tank assy as the 220. She's good to go now
9.jpg

The PP 260 had a tree dropped on it, the 260 parts saw had everything I needed to fix it. I installed new fuel/primer lines on it as well, and had to clean and rebuild the carburetor. This saw runs great and I see a muff mod in it's future
8.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find!
Fun saws.
To bad in my area they want $100 for used ones now.:msp_cursing:

Latest posts

Back