30mph winds -7 degrees (hedge night) what you burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 11 right now here, you can feel the cold wind trying to push through the cabin, man it's leaky....Had good coals when I got up an hour ago, took a few minutes to get it back going good again, starting to warm back up in here. Well, kinda sorta....

Southern fried wuss, one of those days I don't even want to go outside. I mean, I will, always have chores once it is light out, but sheesh..this is Georgia...

I don't know how you mid western guys do it. I really don't. Temps that are considered brutal out here by me are *fair condition* to you guys what with your negative -50+ degrees working there and that's before the wind gets factored in! Damn....you can keep that!
I would definitely need to make some changes if we had cold like that, or even were around 0 more often. Our house is really two smaller structures joined together, and it sort of rambles on and is hard to heat from a single location - the main stove is in the basement on one side. We had planned to add a second smaller stove to the other side under our bedroom, but due to a screw up by the guy that did the chimney work we ended up with 2 stoves on the same side. I'd need to add something, and probably have to do windows too.

remember boys and girls plug in your truck with these extreme temps.

I don't plug in unless it's under -10*.

20mph "wind" is hardly a breeze. We normally see 50-60 MPH with 100mph gusts. It's scary, whole house shakes and bangs around. It moved my 16x20 ft shed almost a foot one year. It's got a few tons of junk in it too.

Last year I ended up with a dumpster and 4 place snowmobile trailer in my yard. Dumpster was from the church 1/2 mile away.

14 degrees here. Ah the benefits of being on the west side of Lake Michigan. Still windy though. Burning everything, put in some pine, cottonwood, silver maple and oak this morning. I do try and set aside some of the oak for overnight.

I was just out to the airport for a meeting and when turning onto the county road all I could see was white. I heard a noise though and all of a sudden a plow truck came scraping by. Pretty bad visibility when you can HEAR a truck coming but not see it.

You'll be fine on those bias ply tires Spidey.
Not tonight... the work van has radials on it.
If'n ya' don't see any post from me this evening you'll know those radials failed me.
Send out the rescue dogs... and there had better be a damn good anti-freeze in that keg hangin' from it's neck‼

saint%20bernard.jpg

Not tonight... the work van has radials on it.
If'n ya' don't see any post from me this evening you'll know those radials failed me.
Send out the rescue dogs... and there had better be a damn good anti-freeze in that keg hangin' from it's neck‼

saint%20bernard.jpg
Uh-oh! Better be careful out there then! Seriously, I hope the drive goes well for all you folks out there.

Hooray‼ Gonna' be a blast drivin' home tonight...
They just upgraded us to a "Blizzard Warning" about 15 minutes ago.
work part time for a imp dealer. was going from s of parkersburg,,west to austinville.......turned north,,and almost complete whiteout to 3 s of Dumont!!!! semi with flat deck!!!! down to 20 at times,,then up to 40!! :dizzy::dizzy:

Those county roads in the Sheffield, Dumont, Parkersburg area are always a challenge when the snow is blowin'.
My drive home wasn't all that bad... couple short whiteout spots, but was able to run 40-50 MPH most of the way.
Gonna' be another cold day and night though, below zero all day today, maybe -15° by morning tomorrow... although, thankfully, winds are supposed to die down to a tolerable 10-15 MPH by this afternoon. School is 2 hours late this morning...

17 degrees, a bit warmer this morning over yesterday. I put in the biggest fattest ugly "overnighter" I could find last night, stayed warm in here. Threw a few splits on, ten seconds later they were burning well.

but was able to run 40-50 MPH most of the way.

We had a skim of snow that stuck to some roads this morning. I got stuck behind an Expedition that was moving pretty well for around here - I think we made it up to 40mph for a short stretch once. :dumb2:

Latest posts

Back