346XP needs replaced....it's at 90 PSI, what saw is comparable today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never having to replace a solenoid is cheaper :laughing: .
How many MT?AT saws do you have?
Really, is that why they couldn't even keep saws on the shelves :rare2:.
I feel the same way, but if you're talking about someone who is trying to actually save a buck cutting firewood... Some stuff gets better, some doesn't.
Very empathetic of you when so many are having a hard time because of the bidenflation.
And you very well might not have to. I have had 2 AT saws and 1 AT..not sure why this matters, but I will say I haven't had any issues with any of them.
Not having to replace a piston and cylinder because you didn't retuned your old school carb is even nicer.
I'll say it again. This is America if can't afford a cheap tool like a chainsaw get off your ass and go earn some more money. The financial argument is really a joke for the vast majority of guys on this site, frankly.

And you very well might not have to.
Not having to replace a piston and cylinder because you didn't retuned your old school carb is even nicer.
I'll say it again. This is America if can't afford a cheap tool like a chainsaw get off your ass and go earn some more money.
Right, but when things go wrong it can be more costly.
I've never replaced a cylinder because someone didn't know how to tune a carb.
So how many do you have?
Quite rude.

The 346 showed up here this afternoon! Had a great time with Zeek looking into it. Did a pressure and vac test and everything held great! We decided to replace seals while it's here. Zeek did notice the little impulse hose was loose and probably was the cause of the scoring. The cylinder looks like it will clean up so he will have a spare now.

Torch and impact there in the photos, all good tools for saw work!

And you very well might not have to. I have had 2 AT saws and 1 AT..not sure why this matters, but I will say I haven't had any issues with any of them.
I'll say it again. This is America if can't afford a cheap tool like a chainsaw get off your ass and go earn some more money. The financial argument is really a joke for the vast majority of guys on this site, frankly.
Nice changes you made there ;).
That's it. You had, you don't have them anymore? I thought you were the AT/MT cheerleader :laugh: .

Right, but when things go wrong it can be more costly.
I've never replaced a cylinder because someone didn't know how to tune a carb.
So how many do you have?
Quite rude.
Except both systems decrease the chance of major things going wrong. Especially for guys like your self that "tune" a carb once and then forget it.
I can't believe you guys are that afraid of a simple solenoid..

I still have an AT saw. How many have you had and how much time have you put on them?
Way more of them than you, obviously you haven't been paying attention. Quite a few hrs on both AT and MT, very few problems, but I still say no AT/MT saws needed for the guy cutting a few cord of firewood a yr.
Except both systems decrease the chance of major things going wrong. Especially for guys like your self that "tune" a carb once and then forget it.
I can't believe you guys are that afraid of a simple solenoid..
I never said I only tune them once a yr, once again, you aren't paying very good attention.
And once again who said I'm afraid, I said as I have for many yrs and in this thread, that I'm a proponent of AT/MT saws, but once again you haven't been paying attention.

Focus.....OK, so @PA Dan told me using 10w-30 in the gas tank was a bad idea...so now I know.

The saw passed both pressure/vac tests.

Neither crank seal was leaking.

We noticed that the impulse line was very loose on the nipple on the carb and it is suspected that it caused an air leak and then a lean run, and as I have learned that would mean increased heat, melted piston, aluminum blood on the cylinder and then low compression.

The fix and mods are a new OEM P/C, plugged decomp valve, carb rebuild, new fuel lines, new crank seals since it's apart, gasket delete, muffler mod and various grinding of ports. I say these things understanding all of it, but lacking the skills to actually do it so I am grateful for Dan allowing me to watch and learn.

I will keep you posted.....and thanks to all of you!

Focus.....OK, so @PA Dan told me using 10w-30 in the gas tank was a bad idea...so now I know.

The saw passed both pressure/vac tests.

Neither crank seal was leaking.

We noticed that the impulse line was very loose on the nipple on the carb and it is suspected that it caused an air leak and then a lean run, and as I have learned that would mean increased heat, melted piston, aluminum blood on the cylinder and then low compression.

The fix and mods are a new OEM P/C, plugged decomp valve, carb rebuild, new fuel lines, new crank seals since it's apart, gasket delete, muffler mod and various grinding of ports. I say these things understanding all of it, but lacking the skills to actually do it so I am grateful for Dan allowing me to watch and learn.

I will keep you posted.....and thanks to all of you!
You forgot timing advance, super charger and Flux capacitor installation! Oh and a new recoil rope too! I can probably find a clip for the missing one on the top cover also!

<<$50 is dirt cheap. I take my wife and kids to Jimmy John's and it cost that.>>
Sadly, that statement, to me, more refers to the devalue of the USD... me= just an OLD MAN that used to buy a dozen Krystal w/ drink for <$2, and it was $24.00 last time WITHOUT drink. I bought a sack full from a clerk that I had to educate to "a dozen= 12, not 10"

Sadly, that statement, to me, more refers to the devalue of the USD... me= just an OLD MAN that used to buy a dozen Krystal w/ drink for <$2, and it was $24.00 last time WITHOUT drink. I bought a sack full from a clerk that I had to educate to "a dozen= 12, not 10"
You wanna talk about dirt cheap....heat your house with wood.

Saws, chains, safety equipment, sharpening files, gas, oil, time. I love to burn wood, but it sure ain't free.
Nothing is free in water world, but wood heat sure is a lot more pleasant and soothing. I am always amazed how much better the house feels with wood heat VS the furnace at the same temp.

Back