346xp problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEK

верига човек
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, if chain brake used when running it cuts out.
It will not start with brake on but will if brake off.
Clutch looks ok, needle bearing cleaned still no go.
With chain and bar off clutch itself normal direction of travel moves but stiffly and turning it the other way solid.

Could be the shaft under the clutch is worn to the point that putting the chain break on clamps the clutch and the clutch cocks sideways and clamps the shaft and you snub out the engine. I have that in my MS261. You may be lucky and it is the bearing between shaft and clutch, which is easy to fix.

Could be the shaft under the clutch is worn to the point that putting the chain break on clamps the clutch and the clutch cocks sideways and clamps the shaft and you snub out the engine. I have that in my MS261. You may be lucky and it is the bearing between shaft and clutch, which is easy to fix.
But would that stop me from turning it anti clockwise?

Thanks to all for advice, doing logs this morning, rain later so will disassemble again later and try and get it sorted. Not being able to turn it anti clockwise baffles me though.

The clutch is reverse threaded. It needs to come off clockwise rotation
View attachment 1017436
Aknutter it was the crank that would not rotate backwards.
Any way all sorted now, took the starter plate off, every thing looked fine on the flywheel, part undone the flywheel nut and gave the shaft a couple of hits with a punch, then noticed bits of hard crap dropping from behind the flywheel blew it out with air tightened up the bolt and all seems good, no cutting out and crank moves anticlockwise and chain moves freely on the bar.
So thankyou to yourself,huskihi,singinwoodmac and henry e.

Aknutter it was the crank that would not rotate backwards.
Any way all sorted now, took the starter plate off, every thing looked fine on the flywheel, part undone the flywheel nut and gave the shaft a couple of hits with a punch, then noticed bits of hard crap dropping from behind the flywheel blew it out with air tightened up the bolt and all seems good, no cutting out and crank moves anticlockwise and chain moves freely on the bar.
So thankyou to yourself,huskihi,singinwoodmac and henry e.
Tomos 770 thanks for the like.
We moved here to Bulgaria 9 years ago tomorrow, one of our crazy female friends always sends us birthday and christmas cards and they are always arrive months afterwards but we suddenly realised why, she has been putting our address as Bolivia not Bulgaria , so like you Slovenia not Slovakia !

Ok...just asking....because pek in Slovene means baker....

I know that Bolivian :p doesnt sound the same as Slovakian....but at the end....balkan (region) is near....so I tought.....just maybe! ;)

Latest posts

Back