346xp???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 50cc won't rev as high, but will have more torque and a broader power band. There is no replacement for displacement....we're only talking about 10% difference in displacement, but when its 45cc vs 50cc, it makes a difference.:chainsaw: I have the 50cc version and like it.

Those two are close. After using both you may find no need for one or the other...I have the same problem with a 026 and 361.

i've had a 350 & 359 they were almost to close power wise i cut firewood and do clean up's the 350 was good for trimming stuff up to 12" the 359 was better on big stuff........each one does half the job the other will do with no big gain......i think the saw's you want would be a good combo but not the optimum working combo ....... if i did alot of trimming and was using the saw's to make money the 346ne would be my choice

I have an old 346 and a 2153 Jred. I put an old style muffler on the 2153 which made some difference so that it now runs as good as the old 346. If forced to choose I would keep the Husky--it feels better to me.

I have a 357xp soo 50 and 57cc is kind off close to me and i wont a small chainsaw with high rev for limbing...is this a good excuse for an chainsaw addict to get a 346xp

The 50cc version weighs 6.4oz more than the 45cc, but has 3.7hp vs 3.4hp. The 339xp is much lighter, but only 2.4hp, and costs nearly as much as the 346xp.

I have a 357xp soo 50 and 57cc is kind off close to me and i wont a small chainsaw with high rev for limbing...is this a good excuse for an chainsaw addict to get a 346xp

The ol' 45cc one is a tad lighter, and originally was concieved as a limbing saw, while the 50cc is more of an allround saw.......

Which one to choose may depend on the size of the limbs, but if you can get by with an 8-pin on the 50cc, and only a 7-pin on the 45cc, it more than makes up for the rev difference. :)

Last edited:
Back