359 Wood Beast.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manual.

Excellent Question?

I honestly don't think I have the "Know-How" or skills to do a complete "woods port mod." I did however just the other night, rip apart the crimped muffler on my 5100 and tear out the junk inside and increase the size of the outlet hole. That was a big step for a guy like me. I then painted it with black high-temp paint and re-assembled. That prompted me to paint the 7900 as well.

I'm a Jack-of-all trades and a Master of none. Pretty good at a lot of manual labor type tasks and will attack just about any situation that comes my way at both work and home. But I really don't think I have the aptitude for opening up a cylinder honing down the piston, etc.... and getting it all back together.

Maybe I'm crazy for not trying it... maybe someday. If anyone wants to send me a dead saw to hack up I may give it a try...

Thank you,
That was the answer I was looking for.
We all have our nitche in life.

This has been an interesting thread for me, as I'm doing some port cleanup on a 359 also. Does anyone know where I can find the anti-tamper torx bit to remove the side covers, I don't have that size in my set.

This has been an interesting thread for me, as I'm doing some port cleanup on a 359 also. Does anyone know where I can find the anti-tamper torx bit to remove the side covers, I don't have that size in my set.

I have found many odd styles of Torx at an Ace Hardware, or True Value store, or buy it off the saw tech after hours.

If you can't find them you can always keep your eyes open for a Snap-On, Mac, or Matco tool truck. Most of those guys have a lot of odd ball specialty tools on board. They will come with a slight premium in cost. You might also check with auto parts stores.

If you can't find them you can always keep your eyes open for a Snap-On, Mac, or Matco tool truck. Most of those guys have a lot of odd ball specialty tools on board. They will come with a slight premium in cost. You might also check with auto parts stores.

I think my set is snap-on, I had the right #size but the center hole (anti-tamper) didn't fit, thought it might be a husky speciality tool. I'll check some other suppliers this week. thanks

This is a link to the 357Xp / 359 workshop manual. It has a listing, with part numbers, of all of the Husqvarna specialty tools for use with these models. There is no listing for the tamper-resistant torx screws on the transfer covers.

http://weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HWEN/HWEN2000/HWEN2000_1019117-26.pdf

The IPL does not even show the transfer port covers as being separate parts from the cylinder itself. You would have to buy a cylinder assembly to get the covers and their associated gaskets.

http://www.baileys-online.com/PDF/359.pdf

You might have to make an attempt to enlarge the hole in the tamper-resistant torx bit itself.

In a pinch a standard torxbit can be slotted right accross the face of the bit with a thin diamond wheel, then the slot will go over the pin in the screwhead.

Latest posts

Back