361 double dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
Reaction score
well i just installed a set on my 361.. and im pretty disappointed to say the least
got them from some "cheapchainsawparts" guy on ebay.
first off , i had to grind some of the metal on the inside dog for it to even line up with the 2 screw holes, it was rubbing on the case in the middle.. did that , got them installed now i see they dont even line up even with eachother, the inside and outside dog are all outa wack
isnt the whole idea for them to LINE UP?

well upon loooking more, i see he has a different set for the 361 than the 360..
i guess maybe this is my fault now, im sure thats what he will say when i ask for a refund
i sent him a message last week, asking for a Buy It Now option on a set for a 361 because he had about 20 sets for sale, but no buy it nows, anyway, he sent me a link this and said they would work, so i bought them, they clearly dont come close to lining up on a 361:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-CHAINSAW-...=ViewItem&pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item35aa0d5c64

but now after looking more, i see the same guy sells this
http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-CHAINSAW-...=ViewItem&pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item35aa258f14

they are smaller obviously, but i wonder if they line up
the set he sold me he told me would fit the 361, but in his ads they say 360/440/460/660
im thinkin maybe he sent me the wrong link? i dont know.. all i know is i have to take them back off the saw now.. put the stock dog back on.. and try again.. anyone have any that line up evenly ?

Last edited:
get the 440 dogs, problem solved.

buy stihl brand 440 double dogs? i guess some drilling is required?

this guys kit was said to fit 360/440/460/660
are the 360 and 361 dogs even interchangeable ? if so, they wouldnt fit a 360 either! unless you wana cut on angles all the time! :dizzy::cry: nothing about them lines up, none of the 4 teeth, heightwise, length wise, nothing, very disappointing, couldnt wait to get them on when they arrived in the mail

Last edited:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=30541&highlight=361+spikes&page=6

I put the "kit" on my 036 and a few other peoples saws. I believe they fit a 361 too. The second ebay listing looks like the ones I have from Stihl. The kit from Stihl with the dawgs you should need was pretty affordable. A little over 30 bucks for the dawgs and catcher.

from what i gather from the little bit of reading i did in that thread, i can get a $30 kit, stihl brand, with 2 dogs (a bit larger than the single factory dog) plus the chain roller/catch on the bottom, all for $30?

THIS is the kit i have on my 361, it fit perfectly and works great. I can't imagine being without it now that it's on

awesome, thanks a bunch. $35, and its stihl, sounds good to me, that chain roller/catch is a nice addition as well, also the sidecover on my 361 already had ,the holes in it from the factory ,all i had to do was pop the plastic chain slides off on the inside, is this not common for a 361? i remember reading about drillin the cover somewhere else, then i got the saw and saw them already there?
.. i guess i have to order it through a stihl stealership though?:cry:

Last edited:
buy stihl brand 440 double dogs? i guess some drilling is required?

No drilling for me. They bolted right on. The stihl "kit" is ok, but the dogs are hardly any bigger, which is why i put the 440 dogs on.

Yeah, the dawgs aren't any bigger really. I find them to be a nice size for the class the saw is in and what we have to cut in PA. As far as Stihl prices are concerned, it's a pretty good deal. LOL

i am cutting all hardwood, the thickest bark i cut is black locust, which isnt very thick really, i think the stock size stihl double dogs should be fine, i just want 2 of them!
thanks for all the help

I'm StihIL waiting for CHEAPCHAINSAWPARTS, to come clean on a paid item, from last November.

P.S. interstate mail fraud, is a federal felony

great, 2 complaints about him already
sounds like my chances of him responding, or refunding my money arnt looking to good,, damn things just blatantly dont fit the saw, hed know that if he tried to bolt em up
sent him a couple messages on ebay the past 2days, still no response, ill wait till monday to file a complaint with paypal-never had to do that before

great, 2 complaints about him already
sounds like my chances of him responding, or refunding my money arnt looking to good,, damn things just blatantly dont fit the saw, hed know that if he tried to bolt em up
sent him a couple messages on ebay the past 2days, still no response, ill wait till monday to file a complaint with paypal-never had to do that before

I had to send 2 emails to him. I sent the second after the first went unanswered for over a week. His response was fair enough, but it sure doesn't seem like he pays a huge amount of attention to his email.

i dont realy sea a reason to have big dawgs on 60cc saw but thats kinda cool i guess.

ive got stihl parts from from the guy you speak of and been nothing but happy with the parts i recieved

i dont realy sea a reason to have big dawgs on 60cc saw but thats kinda cool i guess.

The main advantage is the outer dawg and the roller catcher. They're not much if at all bigger than the stock spike.

ive got stihl parts from from the guy you speak of and been nothing but happy with the parts i recieved

Same here...

I got a lot of mileage out of a dual-dawg 361 before I expanded to the 260/460 plan at work. Here 'tis, if you haven't seen it before:

DSCF0014.jpg

I would, however, stick with the stock short dawgs. Believe me, they're more than enough.

They lined up fine for me. The outer dog sits just a hair forward, but other than that, good fit.

Latest posts

Back