361 for me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Post!

You're absolutely right, MotorSeven. He who hesitates is [sometimes] lost. Just after the guy in the shop said $400.00, the very next sound heard should've been the word "I'll" -- as in, "I'll take it."

it was all a lie. A big fat lie. This :taped: told me $400 straight to my face yesterday and today when I call he looked it up and says 6. I want to cut him. :chainsaw:

There is a old quote that I heard that applies to this it goes something like, "He who hesitates is lost"

Oh, well, getting a price mistake cleared up before getting your hands on the saw isn't the worst that could have happened.
Just imagine if you'd involved your FIL's vendor account and there was a $200 price mistake and bad feelings all around.

I would have paid cash on the spot at $400 (or laid down plastic if I didn't have the cash), after once saying "are you sure?".

it was all a lie. A big fat lie. This :taped: told me $400 straight to my face yesterday and today when I call he looked it up and says 6. I want to cut him. :chainsaw:

He obviously made a mistake the first time. Making a mistake once is no guarantee he'll make the same mistake the next day.

Sheesh, you other guys on this thread sound like you need a box of Kleenex to wipe up after yourselves.

Last edited:
ohhhhhh man

600-620 for them depending on lenght around here.

my jaw dropped when you said the deal was off and back to normal seeling price. sorry man. you cant even get a 346xp for that.

Kleenex?

I'm not too sure about that one. If a man never takes himself too seriously, he'll never need to waste the wood that goes into a Kleenex.

Take it easy: life's just too short to sweat the small stuff. ;)

I'm not too sure about that one. If a man never takes himself too seriously, he'll never need to waste the wood that goes into a Kleenex.

Take it easy: life's just too short to sweat the small stuff. ;)

"handlogger?" Yeah, you definitely need the Kleenex. :)

I was mad yesterday, just seemd like poor customer service. But these guys are big time tractor, not so much saws. he took a guess, he was wrong. I mean, he could have looked it up when I asked was he sure, but no worries. I'll get one eventually.

For those that PM'd me, I just have to pay my remainding $200 off and I will have some great deals on saws from my old shop. PM me if you're interested.

Don't beat yourself up over not jumping on it at that moment, SA.
I've had a few instances where the off-the-cuff price I was told was too good to be true, only to get to the register and have the correct price appear.
It's pretty unlikey a 33% discount would have gone unnoticed by the computer or other employees present, the salesman just misspoke.

-Eric.

When my mom worked at Walmart she called and ask me to stop BUY the sporting goods counter and look at the price of a Remingtom 1187 they had in the case...They had it tagged at $199...I told her it can't be right, should be twice that...She contacted higher ups and they said nope it's right...Needless to say everybody I know owns a composite stock Remington...And the rest our local lions club gave away on there annual gun raffle...

Latest posts

Back