361 vs 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been reading post after post on this site with people singing the praises of the 361. I have yet to run a 361, but I really like my 036 especially for felling and bucking bigger logs. I always assumed that the 361 is just a newer version of the 036, but after reading so many posts on here, I'm starting to wonder. So my question is, is there a big performance difference between these two saws?

My experience has been that, stock, they are pretty close...some kinda hair type close. I have been told by some very reputable folks on this site, however, that if you are even considering modifying the muffler, the 361 wins hands down. Are you considering...?

My experience has been that, stock, they are pretty close...some kinda hair type close. I have been told by some very reputable folks on this site, however, that if you are even considering modifying the muffler, the 361 wins hands down. Are you considering...?

WRW,
I am considering a muffler mod. I'm not sure at this point if I want to go as far as a port job or anything. I probably need to get a replacement carburetor box cover for it. Right now I am running a non-intelli carb and box cover from a 034. When I got this saw off of my brother-in-law, it was a victim of a log roll. I went to my local saw shop and he sold me a 034 parts saw for $50, and I robbed the fuel tank and box cover from it. I'm not sure if the performance is down on this saw running this carb.

Back