361 with a 28" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Here it is. No problems in that White Oak. The end in the picture is the narrow end.

7 tooth sprocket, Stihl RS Full Skip 3/8 50 gauge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Dayummmmmmmmmmmmm Cassey

Looks like your really putting that 361 to work. I know the 361 is a great saw but dayummmmmmmmmmm. Did it run ok with that big bar in that big tree? Gonna have to add me a 361 to the collection soon, if yours handles that tree I gots to get me one, dayummm you cost me alot of money, grrr,lol

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
THALL10326 said:
Looks like your really putting that 361 to work. I know the 361 is a great saw but dayummmmmmmmmmm. Did it run ok with that big bar in that big tree? Gonna have to add me a 361 to the collection soon, if yours handles that tree I gots to get me one, dayummm you cost me alot of money, grrr,lol

You dont have a 361????

And you say you love the Stihl saw......

I usually run a 16" on it. Went to the shop today to get a 7 and 8 tooth rim. Right now Im running 9 tooth in .325. They gave me small spline rims!!! DAMN!! I was hoping to run that .325 with the 7 and 8 tooth and see how she does.

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
boboak said:
Did the bar oiler keep up with the longer bar?

I only took 4 cuts. I turned the oiler up all the way, and after I got through the cuts I could see a trace of oil on the chain. Revved her up a couple times, and I could see the chain was getting wet. Sooo...Not sure how it would do with sustained cutting, but what I did it seemd to be OK.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
CaseyForrest said:
You dont have a 361????

And you say you love the Stihl saw......

I usually run a 16" on it. Went to the shop today to get a 7 and 8 tooth rim. Right now Im running 9 tooth in .325. They gave me small spline rims!!! DAMN!! I was hoping to run that .325 with the 7 and 8 tooth and see how she does.

Well that 361 is a crummy saw for dealers, the dayumm thing never breaks down, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, LOL. Yes um I lov um my Stihls. Haven't got around to adding a 361 to the slew I got but you know me, things change daily, hehehe, you got one, ok then by Joe I'll get one, give me a few days. Are ya happy now, you just cost me viddles for a month,LOLOL

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
THALL10326 said:
Well that 361 is a crummy saw for dealers, the dayumm thing never breaks down, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, LOL. Yes um I lov um my Stihls. Haven't got around to adding a 361 to the slew I got but you know me, things change daily, hehehe, you got one, ok then by Joe I'll get one, give me a few days. Are ya happy now, you just cost me viddles for a month,LOLOL

Wait till I get my 880!!! Then what are you going to do???

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
CaseyForrest said:
Wait till I get my 880!!! Then what are you going to do???

I'm gonna do what I told ya, I'm gonna match ya but also top ya. I'm gonna turtle wax mine so its pretty T er and shiny E er than yours,LOL

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
04ultra said:
Casey where will it end..:laugh: :laugh:

LOLOLOLOLOL, now dayumm if that isn't the best one I've seen on this site. Truer words were never spoken, high 5 to ya ole boy. It do appear there is no end for us saw nuts except old age. When we can no longer start them or pick them up I guess thats when we will quit buying them. I'm figuring at age 90 I should be to weak to fool with a saw anymore. I'll probly just set the saws aside and go get shot by a jealous husband. That will be the end of the chainsaw maddness...

talon1189

talon1189

"Da Smiley King"
Ohhh.........."Daayuuuuum"...........and I only asked a simple question bout a MS 361 mod in another thread.....That 361 looks like a BEAST with that big bar on it :greenchainsaw: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Lakeside53 said:
Everyone is supprised??? even Stihl says a 28 is o.k. on a 361!!! :cheers:

I find it works just fine with a skip chain, but it's not a 440..

I thought 25 is all Stihl says a 361 can handle...

http://stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS361.html

Not arguing with ya Lake!!! I was pleasently surprised that the 59cc saw can handle 28".

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Lakeside53 said:
Look on the bright side - if they every do make an 81, Thall and Lake will know about it first:hmm3grin2orange: but we don't right now.. so just buy one!!

The more I think about it......

Hows parts availibility for the 084? Are parts between the 084 and 088 the same?

Latest posts