365-372 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your point is ONE saw wasnt offered with the high top???????????

Maybe its not a misunderstanding from the US at all, just a bunch a BS from Norway!!! LOL

No, Husky sells the 372xp with the high top in the US, both in areas where they may be needed, and in areas where they obviously are not needed - they really should have offered both versions, but for some odd reason chose not to......:monkey:

The heated xpg is the only low-top 372xp sold in the US lately!

Niko the weight difference between the low top and high top would be so minimal, but not an excuse to list the same weight.

The vertical sides of the high top/heavy duty doesn't hold debris like the low top filters in my experience.

Out of the two, I prefer the high top in looks.

Niko the weight difference between the low top and high top would be so minimal, but not an excuse to list the same weight.

The vertical sides of the high top/heavy duty doesn't hold debris like the low top filters in my experience.

Out of the two, I prefer the high top in looks.

Me too Al, the high top looks better IMHO. Have you ever watched the high top at idle? It actually shakes debris off.

Ahh yes. I know what ya mean, I think I just found a new race for GTG, saw races, put your saw down on the driveway, and see who makes it to the end first! LOL

I'd definitely enter that race with my 3120. That thing's all over the place at idle.

Well finally back to this saw. Just when you think you have all the parts needed, and ya don't.:cry::cry: Still need a handle bar, and the little plastic thing that goes on the carb that the throttle cable attaches too. Anybody have this stuff let me know if ya want rid of it.

Couple of updated pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got it all finished up tonight, neighbors love me I'm sure! The 371 had to loan her some parts to run, while I wait for the parts order to arrive, just wanted to get it done to run it and report back to Matt. Here are a couple of pics, short video uploading now. Compression while it was hot after tuning, was 130psi, so cold I expect it around the 140 mark, hopefully a bit more after its run in.

Clutch cover and starter cover don't look so hot, got another clutch cover on the way. Need to find a decent starter, but this will do for now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a quick vid of it running. Nothing exciting.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjmvBlY4KP4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjmvBlY4KP4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back