365 big bore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas_cutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
is it possible to bore a 365 to 50(or 52)mm? or would it be more practical just to buy the kit? if so, which kit ISNT junk?

It is not practical to bore and plate.

Get an original 372 jug (50mm) or a (52mm) BB kit if you want, stock the 372 husky jug would be my pick, but ported I would go with the BB kit. I have had good luck for the most part with Baileys BB 372s. I know they had ring troubles and have worked on the problem, but I'd go with brand name rings just to be safe.

If your 365 has a bolt on intake you need a new clamp style intake boot. If you have a 365 with clamp style intake it's a bolt on swap to larger cylinder.

The 365 shares the same crankcase with the 372 and 372xpw, so the top ends will fit. If you're concerned about the aftermarket BB kits, just spend the extra $$ and buy the OEM BB kit(372xpw P&C).

I have (2) Stihl 066s with Bailey's BB kits, and one has been used exclusively on the Alaskan mill without a problem. Milling is the toughest use of a saw because of the long cuts, and cutting with the grain vs against it. The long duration of full throttle generates lots of heat.

Good point on the XPW cyl, thats a good option also.

I have a 066 BB as well with a couple years on it, spent some time milling, it's been ported and turns close to 15,000, so it's standing up to my test.

Back