365 special in a box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman204

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Did a little horse trading with a buddy and ended up with a 365 special in a box.

I've been looking for a 3 series husky for awhile and was more then happy to finally get one.

Heres how it started
XGcMzPn.jpg
OOzVBV2.jpg
gYWPqrR.jpg
89mqMVQ.jpg

It was mostly there, clean cylinder and a new meteor piston as well as a full gasket set.

Got here all back together on the weekend.I must say that the 365/372 are easy to work on!

Saw looks pretty minty, only thing I want to replace is the clutch cover and the air filter cover has a crack.

OzQt0W2.jpg
rUiBAx7.jpg

Made a few cuts with it on Sunday and it ran strong right out of the box.

Yesterday I had some down time so I grabbed some dry frozen oak to see how she cuts. I was pretty impressed! I was thinking of putting a 373 xpw top end on this saw but honestly I think it runs pretty good bone stock. A base gasket delete and muffler mod will be in its future.

Good build bud. I've got a 365 I built with a tecomec brand p/c. I like it, I like it even more since I ported it. Strong saws either way though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm actually surprised at that power that this saw has. I normally run a strong 038 magnum and really this thing isnt far behind in the grunt department..

I couldn't tell you that. All I've got is a 372,371,365,50,346,2159,and a lonely ms361 stihl.

Yeah I'm not sure either. I've been running what some would call old tech for years. It puts firewood on the truck which is good.

What has kinda changed my mind about saws is when my buddy handed me his 576xp a couple weeks ago.

Man was that thing smooth. Like too smooth.

If the 562 is smooth like that I'm.sure I'm going to like it.

I bet they are smooth. I'm just liking the 3 series and actually would like to get some 2 series mostly 70+cc.

I've got two more 3 series cases and almost enough parts to build another 365 but this one will be an open port.

I like older saws generally they have soul for sure. They also can be bought blown up and I can rebuild them for reasonable money. New saws are generally out of my price range since I only cut firewood. They are very very easy on the body I will say.

I'd like to find a 281 or 288 just because I think they are cool. Don't really need more saws but if one shows up in a box I'll snap it up lol!

Latest posts

Back