365 special won't richen up on low side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the jets are drilled larger they will flow more fuel. The drilling helps the low end and will increase fuel throughout the rpm range.....but at top rpm a saw can only use so much fuel and is set at a normal need. The time the fuel is increased through the carb is if it's a ported/performance built saw....law of supply and demand. These modded carbs can supply more fuel to a performance saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If the jets are drilled larger they will flow more fuel. The drilling helps the low end and will increase fuel throughout the rpm range.....but at top rpm a saw can only use so much fuel and is set at a normal need. The time the fuel is increased through the carb is if it's a ported/performance built saw....law of supply and demand. These modded carbs can supply more fuel to a performance saw.

can't help but wanna try this but i still hate those carbs lol last week i bored a tilly296 to near 20mm and filled the aux jet passage with JB. drilled the nozzle same size as the aux jet was. thing ran pretty good but i think the venturi was to big for that carb as it has a stumble off idle now. venturi is close to the same size as the throttle bore now. gonna try boring the throttle bore a bit and use a bigger butterfly. damn shame cause it ran good at 18.25 but i had to test the limits. next one i won't go any further then the 18.25 on that tilly but i still wanna try salvage the one i went to far on.

Lol,I hated the Zamas too before I started messing with them!! Sounds like you have aa good grasp on carbs!!! Did you try increasing spring tention on the needle for a higher pop off? May be over rich off idle causing the stumble.

ok, I swapped the carb out for the walbro. I'm STILL getting a stumble at high rpm... machine gunning almost... like its being prevented from getting to full rpm. like something's holding it back. so I swapped the coil. better, but still the stumble is there. i just checked the fuel line and pressure tested it, its fine. new fuel filter as well. plug is new....

could i have 2 bad coils? this is getting nuts to get this thing running.

Did you by chance advance the timing??? I've had timing do that. I did all the mods you did to a 5105 and when it gets cold (0) it would do that. I ended up fixing it by outing in a heavier needle spring(or stretch yours a little). You might try that. Yours just sounds hard to pinpoint because of results with Carb swap and coil swap. Both seemed to help but not 100%.

Whats the plug look like? Is it dark or cream colored? Will the saw lean out know with adjustment on the H? And my understanding it's still stumbeling at high rpm's??

Does the saw run good for a bit then act up or act funky from the first start and not rev? Have another Carb to try??

Latest posts

Back