365 special won't richen up on low side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good question....does it seem like a rich stutter? Any smoke? Whats it doo in wood? If it falls on it's face I'd say it's low and not getting enough fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

when I had it in wood it was quite powerful.

3rd coil swap it done... we'll see what it does tomorrow.

I don't really recognize the behavior, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here hehe. I know what high needle rich and lean sounds like, and this ins't it. its almost like it can go rich or lean, but never gets there, like somethings holding it back.

its not popping... like the timing is advanced... already that that problem hehe...though eventually if swapping out 13 carbs and coils doesn't work i'm gonna have to pull the flywheel

I've had this stupid starter cover off now a thousand times hehe....

for a little more information about the issue, it did seem like it was running rich on the high side, but didn't quite have the correct sound, and I could 'lean it out' but it still wouldn't gain rpm....though occasionally it would 'get past' a certain point and make it all the way up, but still not sound exactly right. when i put the flywheel back on, I used a torque wrench as I always do and had to pull the spark plug to put the rope in there to stop the piston. the plug was wet. so clearly this was an issue of it being "too rich" but not because the mix was too rich, but because there was unburnt fuel.

2 dodgy coils.... what are the odds.... i'm gonna go toss them right now out of spite....

I agree...two bad coils....never would have guessed that one.
Still a rich condition....I think with the Walbo on at this time. Maybe changing back to the original Carb for a try....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That would just give it more fuel......and if there are any issues they would rear it's head again possibly. Are you using an OEM coil?? What rpm?

Latest posts

Back