365 Specials, 372xp, and the newer XT Versions, new vs. used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schoolteacher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello chainsaw help:

I am looking for a replacement firewood saw a little larger than my 1998 Husky 350. Recently I put a new ring in it, carb kit, new spur sprocket, plastic oil pump drive, spark plug. It has per formed flawlessly until my muffler came off a year ago.
We heat our home and garage/shop with 4-5 cords of wood so that saw has done a wonderful job and has lots of life left.
I'm interested in hearing how the new xtra torques 365's and 372's are holding up. I may look at a one year old 372 xt for $500. What concerns would you have if you were me with the newer generation of EPA compliant saws?
Should I seriously consider staying with the models made before 2010 thru the early 1990's when looking for clean used saws. Appreciate any and all points of view. Thank you for the help. Dave

I have a 2165, a 2171, and a 365xt. If I am cutting wood up to about 24" in diameter I would just as soon use the 2165. When the wood gets bigger than that, I will use one of the 71cc models. The 2171 feels slightly lighter than the 365xt and is slightly less powerful. The 365xt has more power and more compression but it has had the restrictors removed, and it has been ported. Either of these models works well on larger wood. I rarely cut wood larger than 30" diameter wood.

My 372xt is two yrs old and has about 30 cords under its belt, mostly oak and maple. Muff modded it pulls a 24" bar pretty easily. Not to start another oil debate, but I've been running synth oil at 32:1 and no problems yet!!!!

Latest posts

Back