365HD XTorq Too Much Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you just put pressure to the fuel inlet while it's on the saw you would know if the valve is leaking.

Took carb apart, heard a nice pressurized jet of air release. Cleaned carb, put back together and runs just fine. Maybe some sort of vacuum internally is only thing I can figure.

Still having same issue this morning, way too much fuel in chamber. Swapped carb from another saw and same thing. Not sure what the heck is going on now.

I was sceptical about what you said when I read the thread yesterday.

It has classic symptoms of a failing rev limited coil sparking out of time.
Do you have another coil on hand?

I was sceptical about what you said when I read the thread yesterday.

It has classic symptoms of a failing rev limited coil sparking out of time.
Do you have another coil on hand?

Yes but I mean the amount of gas coming out would fuel a small car. Goons check the needle again and I’m wondering if the diaphragm is screwed up in both and is just a coincidence

Yes but I mean the amount of gas coming out would fuel a small car. Goons check the needle again and I’m wondering if the diaphragm is screwed up in both and is just a coincidence

Well you pressure washed it in hot water ???
i've never read anything about such an approach in the supplied manual

Next time, just give it a wash and dry in the dishwasher, og if it wont start afterwards, give 5 minutes in the microwave.

Diaphragm? If it was stretched, wouldn't that give you less fuel?

If it was really bad like an open needle then it would not start. It would be pissing out off the carb too.

If it was just needle drip down then it is hard to start. But running? it shouldn't be noticed. Didn't you do a test on the last one?

Will it only idle (random stroking)

My guess it is the inlet needle is not seating but you need to test it. If you don't have something to pressure test it with you can put a tube on it and blow in the fuel inlet.

You will see the fuel come out of the decomp, back of back and front of muffler. It does seem like a lot of fuel.
I have seen then kick in and out of the mode a few times. Generally how it happens. after its shut down and not it the middle of running them oddly
enough.

Diaphragm? If it was stretched, wouldn't that give you less fuel?

If it was really bad like an open needle then it would not start. It would be pissing out off the carb too.

If it was just needle drip down then it is hard to start. But running? it shouldn't be noticed. Didn't you do a test on the last one?

Will it only idle (random stroking)

Yes it would not start and pissing gas back out the intake. I’m starting to believe you are right and this fuel needle is plugged. I think I had so much residual gas that when I put the other carb on it made me think that carb was doing it as well.

My guess it is the inlet needle is not seating but you need to test it. If you don't have something to pressure test it with you can put a tube on it and blow in the fuel inlet.
Seems unlikely to me even on one carb but he has tried two. My experience with 'drip down' well its hard to start,,especially cold as we choke it when it doesn't need it.
(The Xtorq is a funny animal to start as it is.) Lots of gadgets to check a needle? I will do it on the hill with the bar pointing up having a sandwich on a 15 min break. Hot sun is best or warm shop from coming out from the cold.

Yes it would not start and pissing gas back out the intake. I’m starting to believe you are right and this fuel needle is plugged. I think I had so much residual gas that when I put the other carb on it made me think that carb was doing it as well.
Ok you said in the OP that "it fired up and spit gas out of the decomp and muffler".

Apparently it didn't fire up per as the post in quote?

Furthermore: I never said your needle is open . That was not my
position based on the info you gave in your OP as it was said the saw "fired up"

I am happy to give my life time knowledge to anybody (because I wanted too) But f* does that piss me off when they can't keep their §hit together. 'YOUR' FIRED!

This is just a suggestion. Take the carb that was originally on the flooding saw and put it on your other saw. If it works like it should and doesn't flood you can rule out the carb. You could also pull the coil of your other saw and put it on the flooding saw and see if it is as Westboastfaller suggested, you can then rule out the coil if it's still flooding.

Ok you said in the OP that "it fired up and spit gas out of the decomp and muffler".

Apparently it didn't fire up per as the post in quote?

Furthermore: I never said your needle is open . That was not my
position based on the info you gave in your OP as it was said the saw "fired up"

I am happy to give my life time knowledge to anybody (because I wanted too) But f* does that piss me off when they can't keep their §hit together. 'YOUR' FIRED!

Eventually it started at one point yes, after pulling the plug and emptying the gas several times. When it did finally start, it spewed gas all over. Sometimes it will run, but shoots so much gas out I shut it off. I think you were correct in saying that the fuel needle is this issue, that was what I was pointing out. Going to inspect more when I have time. I appreciate the input.

You said you swapped out the carburetor from another saw and it still did the same thing o_O.

If your coil is failing it can make the saw flood.

Did you try running it with out the air filter on?

The other issue was it worked fine with the 'new carb' ...then it stopped working fine.. so you think the second carb is faulty through excessive fuel in the saw ..after It actually ran correctly ? ..But then stoped running correctly?? This is absolutely insane ?

You should say much more when you need to say more and say much much less when you need to say much less.

You don't have to thank anyone for their involvement, we are all quite wecome to dismiss anyone silently.
Once again, that was not my position.^^
What's your first name?? Troll!

Latest posts

Back