365XT.........Just the numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I assume the 560/562 will be faster in small to medium wood, while the 365xt will be in large wood - but I don't know how large, and it also will vary with the wood. Anyway, the 365xt is much heavier and bulkier, and won't handle the same way.

Niko has some very valid points here. This is the whole purpose for my OP, to provide info and get some feedback. Weight to power ratio is a significant consideration when pruchasing a saw. This saw is a little heavier than the 365 372 original versions. As is usual the end user has to weigh the pros vs the cons for their application. For me, the value made the little extra weight worth it.

I haven't had a chance to put a 24" bar on it yet but as soon as I do........I'll update info. My 24" bar is .050 gauge and all my chain is .058 :msp_mad:

Let's put it this way - had a customer who is impossible to please. Moaned and groaned about any Stihl, Jonny, or Husky. Sold him a 365xt to replace a CS2159 that he didn't want to put the new carb on to solve the Walbro issue - and he has NOTHING bad to say about it. Loves it.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll trade a very slightly lighter saw with significantly less power for one that is insignificantly heavier with some kick ass oomph added to it anyday.

Have fun with your XT.

what walbro issue? only cost $3.00 to fix it

I haven't had a chance to put a 24" bar on it yet but as soon as I do........I'll update info. My 24" bar is .050 gauge and all my chain is .058 :msp_mad:

I'll be interested to hear how you like it with a 24" bar. I've been running a 20" bar on mine for 2 months now and it's been really strong even in the hardest wood.

In contrast to most others here, a pound or two makes little difference to me so I thought the 365xt was a great buy. I've used mine to cut up entire trees from 2" limbs to 24" trunks without reaching for a smaller saw. It's just a good all-around saw for my use and now the only time I find myself reaching for a smaller saw is if I pinch a bar and get it stuck.

I imagine as I get older, I'll be more sensitive to the weight. Then again, by the time I'm 40 years old, we'll all be running 5hp 50cc saws that weigh 11lbs.

Congrats on the new purchase!

I have run a 20, 24, and a 28 on mine so far. I have noodled a pickup load with it and I have cut many cookies off of a downed tree near me. The cookie tree is big enought that the 28 is the only size bar I have that will cut thru from one side. So far I have been well impressed with the saw.

Sure, the weight and handling of the saw don't matter much for just blocking firewood logs! :smile2:

I thought that's all he was doing :msp_tongue:

But before you can block it, ya got got to fell it. This is where a saw with some grunt comes in handy.

It all depends on what you're felling. I don't think it takes much of a saw to fell a normal tree - around here anyway. I'd just as soon fell and limb with a 50cc, and buck it up with 60-70cc. If you're felling honkers well then that's just a different story :smile2:

what walbro issue? only cost $3.00 to fix it

I've only heard of carb replacement for the issue, no fix - please PM me the details if you would kind sir!

I thought that's all he was doing :msp_tongue:

It all depends on what you're felling. I don't think it takes much of a saw to fell a normal tree - around here anyway. I'd just as soon fell and limb with a 50cc, and buck it up with 60-70cc. If you're felling honkers well then that's just a different story :smile2:

I've only heard of carb replacement for the issue, no fix - please PM me the details if you would kind sir!

it's so easy that it's stupid:biggrin: i can't believe no one else has found it.

I think that 365 is the best deal goin by far, I do wish my 562 would have been cheaper but no way I am letting go of it. What saw does stihl have that will run with the 365 for the money?

Both saws run strong, very nice. The old 365 is pretty fat though, could probably pick up a little extra just a hair leaner. It took a pretty hard load to get it to clean up in the cut.

I think that 365 is the best deal goin by far, I do wish my 562 would have been cheaper but no way I am letting go of it. What saw does stihl have that will run with the 365 for the money?

Nothing.

Both saws run strong, very nice. The old 365 is pretty fat though, could probably pick up a little extra just a hair leaner. It took a pretty hard load to get it to clean up in the cut.

Nothing.

Both saws are bone stock, the old 365 is running at 13,360 and both still have carb limiters. A slight muffler mod could do wonders but stock form is plenty fun. I agree, a little tweaking here or there would make things intresting. I have no problem with either the old or new edition, I just like the 365..............any way you dish it out.

First....Dry weight, PHO, right out of the box.

Second.....Dry with 20" bar and chain.

Third.......Fluids topped off, ready to cut.

Where am I going wiht this? The purpose of this thread is not to say "Hey, check out my new saw", but to provide useful information to other site users who may be contemplating a new saw purchase or just wanting to compare stats. Over the last year these have been the things that have helped me the most. Information in the form of facts or opinions are welcome..........................what say you?????
Ax

The 365 is a great saw we have 4 on our truck one is as old as 95 and all pull 28 bars. Used every day hard put away wet and start to work every morning.:rock:

Back