371XP Ignition Wire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I think I need a new Ignition wire(spark plug wire)for my Husqvarna 371XP.Where do you get one?I have looked at Jack's Small Engine and Parts Tree and it shows you need to buy the coil to get it.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,woodyman.

Yeah your right, they don't list them as a separate part.
There is alot of faulty and blue modules with leads hanging out of them, lying around though and it wouldn't have to be restricted to the 371/2 as the larger saws lead would do also. They just screw out. Try are a used parts supplier.

Yeah your right, they don't list them as a separate part.
There is alot of faulty and blue modules with leads hanging out of them, lying around though and it wouldn't have to be restricted to the 371/2 as the larger saws lead would do also. They just screw out. Try are a used parts supplier.
Thanks,I will try to find a used one.Would any other type of wire work as in auto or motorcycle or does it have to come off a chainsaw?

I had to replace my 371's wire back in January. My dealer sold me some Stihl wire for it - that's all they carry. It's like $1 per inch though. :buttkick:

The wire just threads into the coil.
Thanks,the Stihl dealer is closer than the Husqvarna dealer.It looks like the wire threads into a cap that fits into the coil on mine.You would think all the ignition wire would be the same diameter atleast.

The wire I buy for the shop is a dollar a foot and comes in two sizes. Can't tell you where because of the site rules. :dizzy:

The wire I buy for the shop is a dollar a foot and comes in two sizes. Can't tell you where because of the site rules. :dizzy:

Could you mention the place that you DON'T buy it from? ;);)

I know I can get it a lot cheaper elsewhere too but when you're in a bind and the dealer is the only option, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks Woodyman

woodyman,

just a thank you for the suggestion on the husky 44 plug wire.

Buying a complete ignition model for my 371 was crazy!

Thanks again,

Tom

take it to a stihl dealer to match up the diameter size, then cut to length. i know a dollar an inch sounds like alot but really, your only needing about 6-7 inches.id rather buy new than old on plug wires.

Husky & Stihl spark plug wires/ leads are 5mm O/D most of the other saws are 7 or 8mm O/D make sure the centre is copper wire, as in some cases it can be a carbon core[As most automotive spark plug leads are] If it comes from a saw you should be o.k. but it`s worth a check.

Latest posts

Back