371XP Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StateofJefferson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Tough to find much info on the model, year(s) of manufacture, etc. Nothing to be found regarding the model on Chain Saw Collectors Corner, either. Know that it predated the 372XP, just don't know year(s) of manufacture, reliabilty, serviceabilty, longevity, quirks, concerns, blah, blah, blah.......:confused:

Last edited:
I had a 371 for a short while before my 372. In my searches and questions on the site, the main info. was some 371's had oiling problems I believe. Basically same as 372 without the side chain tensioner. Do some more searches on here. If you don't have a manual for it do a search under my name (someone on here gave me a link for one) or just go to husqvarna.com and print on for the 372. Same thing.

Doug

I had a very early 371 and had absoultely no problems with it. It really won me over to Husky. I have however heard of people running bars over 28" long on a regular basis having big end bearing problems with the earliest 371s. Nothing nearly as serious as the two snapped 046 cranks I had though.

Still got a 372 and it is a great saw.

Russ

I do not know how long they were built but I have a 1998 371 going out in the morning.

Bill

Back