371xp vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There is a home owner used only Husky 371xp available locally for $400 or BO. I have done some searches on this site and can only find that the the 371 has 1 ring vs the 372's 2. Are there any other notable differences and does that price seem fair?

Tough call...I have a 371 top end on a 365..so its effectively a 371. I love the whole package. Size, Weight, Power, Vibration..or lack of it, Ease to live with (Starting, inboard clutch, maintenance etc). Simply variation in the chain wear can make it hard to tell the difference between a 371XP and 372XP ..they are very close. You would be proud to have either one. The new 372XP's with the x-torq are yet again different. I prefer them but some won't...and I understand. All iterations from 365 to the newest 372Xp are simply wonderful saws...

$400 is a fair price if the saw is clean and runs well. A local dealer was selling the "x-torq" Husqvarna 365 for around $600 bucks plus or minus out the door taxes included...for the extra $200, I would get a new saw if a Husqvarna 365 with the "x-torq" sticker on it is available around your area..a sleeper of a saw and you would love the thing. You can search the forums to see why.. or if you have a sharp eye, go to the Husqvarna web site and compare the two, 372XP & 365..interesting enough the 365 is listed AFTER the 3120 with very little data..but what counts is there :)

BTW had a chance to run the current "x-torq" version of the 372xp a few times, and I love the thing. Right now a 372X is my second favorite saw if I had the bucks to spend...second because I put my money where my heart was and bought a Jonsered 2172.. My favorite after running all those saws in that chassis over the last few years. (Its pretty much a 372 mechanically, cost, and performance with nicer plastic fir me, you will get an argument from the pure Husqvarna types, and I understand.)

Last edited:
There is a home owner used only Husky 371xp available locally for $400 or BO. I have done some searches on this site and can only find that the the 371 has 1 ring vs the 372's 2. Are there any other notable differences and does that price seem fair?

The two rings is about EPA saw or not - not about 371 vs. 372. The main difference is the case (stronger and heavier on the 372) and the side chain adjuster on the 372 (easy to change). Then there ore several variants of the 372xp......

Back