371XP with a side of fries

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of the main things I dislike about the new huskys and Stihls. I've run a few of them and they just don't feel that comfortable in practical use. Look nice, but when your climbing over and under stuff to cut and whatnot it seems like my wrist is always bumping into the damn air covers... The worst one of all of them seems to be the 441 for me... Not sure why in the heck either of those companies did this???

:confused: :popcorn:

Because some of us cut crap like this.

People on here tell me "Stihl" isn't a real chainsaw either...but I filter those guys out too j/k lol.

Hi Tops ROCK! and low tops suck. nuff said........:dizzy: :clap: :cheers:

Why run a itty bitty filter like a 357 and 346 on a 70cc saw, when there is a Heavy Duty filter option out there. Pay a few bucks more ST and get you a real filter with the race spoiler look.:hmm3grin2orange: :bowdown:

I have seen sawdust sucked through the low style filters, I have never seen this on the hi-top flock style filter. Every one of my modded 372's has the hi-top. Cheers, Simon.

Whats that???? Saw dust in a Husqvarna saw????

I thought the filter never got dirty on a husky???

Now I'm confused. :confused:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

better air filtration...:monkey:

Usually not needed, very little reaches the filter anyway, on those saws - unless you are making a lot of dust, instead of chips..... :rockn: :yoyo:

...and they look much better with the low one....

Last edited:
Usually not needed, very little reaches the filter anyway, on those saws.....
Now me and Ian seen first hand that chips do get on the 372/375 filters. So anyone that says that is just full of BS.:laugh: ;)

Ian looked at me and said, I thought these huskys are not suppose to get chips on the filters, I said yep looks like chips all over the filter IMO too, from just a few hours of cutting. Mine was the same way go figure. :cheers:

Whats that???? Saw dust in a Husqvarna saw????
I thought the filter never got dirty on a husky???
Now I'm confused. :confused:

Erick, me and Ians 372/375 filters were just as covered in chips as my 066 and 084 filters were after the gtg. Nuff said eh. LOLOL

Last edited:
Usually not needed, very little reaches the filter anyway, on those saws - unless you are making a lot of dust, instead of chips..... :rockn: :yoyo:

...and they look much better with the low one....

I guess you stated your "opinion" us usual.:monkey:

oh no... Hallowed ground disturbed.

Erick, me and Ians 372/375 filters were just as covered in chips as my 066 and 084 filters were after the gtg. Nuff said eh. LOLOL

You just had to go and shred the last thing a few hundred Husky owners hold so precious :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I am not biased Andy, and wont cover for any brand.
The cleanest filter was the 7900 with the new carb cover from 07 that I got from 166 with the pre-filter. The mesh filter looked like it hadn't been used yet. They have a winner with that new set up. Maybe others will follow.

To think, I sold my go to saw 7900. :cry:
Talked to the new owner and he was impressed with the weight to power.

Thats not a high top, this is a high top!
attachment.php
:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back