372 xp decomp valve placement?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When did the decomp valve get moved from the side to the top. I have a 372 xp that has it on top and a guy told me it wasnt a 372 if the decomp was on top. He said they were all on the side. I've seen both so I'm pretty sure that statement isn't true

The X-torq saws are the ones with the compression release on top. They use a different top cover and brake handle.

Thanks! The 372 I have has the sn plate busted off and the starter cover is a 372xp Doesn't say anything about xt anywhere could it be a 575 or 576 with a 372 starter cover or maybe its an xt and I dont even know it.

Thanks! The 372 I have has the sn plate busted off and the starter cover is a 372xp Doesn't say anything about xt anywhere could it be a 575 or 576 with a 372 starter cover or maybe its an xt and I dont even know it.

The 372 starter will not fit the 575 or 576. The crankcases are totally different. In fact, there's very few parts from the 372 that transfer over to the 575 or 576.

JJ is correct as usual. You have a 372 X-torq, they don't mark them as X-torq, they just say 372xp.

Later
Dan

The 372 X-Torq has a bright blue choke handle whereas the original 372XP had a gray choke handle.

There is also the difference of the D-Comp being on top instead of the side.

Someone said the brake handles are different but they are not.

the brake handle is indeed taller on the x torq saw to clear the taller cylinder cover. the top handle is also taller than a regular xp model.

chadihman

If you are the one that has the 372 listed on feebay, its the newer X-torq.

Later
Dan

the brake handle is indeed taller on the x torq saw to clear the taller cylinder cover. the top handle is also taller than a regular xp model.

What the heck do you know. LOL Are you stoned again?

Good to see ya up and around.

Later
Dan

I looked the handles up on the IPL's and that is correct. They are indeed different. The numbers given are correct.

I don't own any XT versions but have been around a few and never noticed the difference in the brake handles

I looked the handles up on the IPL's and that is correct. They are indeed different. The numbers given are correct.

I don't own any XT versions but have been around a few and never noticed the difference in the brake handles

I don't own one but I have worked on an have ran many of them. When I use them they just feel WRONG in my hands. I can run the Jonsered style handle and I don't have a problem with them but that little extra height on the handle feels wrong.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back