372 xP x-torq tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm still deliberating on the 576. Interesting to hear how much more nimble you feel the 372 is. However I'm not much of a saw repair master and don't want to deal with carb adjustment too much. Weather here can go from super-humid to dry, super cold to hot, and I'll be cutting anywhere between 1500' and 3500' elevation... so the AT sounds pretty nice for that. I'd love to learn more on chainsaw carb adjustment (and there's only one way to do so...), but dealer support is almost non-existent since I'm in the middle of nowhere, so having it self tune would make life much easier probably.

My only concern is that I'm considering some softwood milling (less than 14") and I don't want any AT problems. Opinions are a bit mixed on this, though if I don't overdo it, I think the AT should be fine.

Would love to see a vid. Enjoy the saw and us posted!
You're gonna want a big saw even for minor mill work. A 70cc will do the milling but you will burn it out very fast. As for deciding on auto tune or natural carb, go for the natural carb. Mainly because you will be far from any service should anything go wrong with the auto tune.

I assume this Is this something that only happens because of the auto tune? im just curious because I have a new 562XP. Also I am a little confused about the rev-limiter thing. how do you know if you hitting the limiter vs the saw 4 stroking at WOT.
A 4 stroking sound is very distinct. Hitting the limiter is not as aggressive as the 4 stroking.

I assume this Is this something that only happens because of the auto tune? im just curious because I have a new 562XP. Also I am a little confused about the rev-limiter thing. how do you know if you hitting the limiter vs the saw 4 stroking at WOT.
U&A -you should consider starting a new thread on this to get better input.

You're gonna want a big saw even for minor mill work. A 70cc will do the milling but you will burn it out very fast. As for deciding on auto tune or natural carb, go for the natural carb. Mainly because you will be far from any service should anything go wrong with the auto tune.

Thanks for the consideration. That's why I'm also considering the 390xp

U&A -you should consider starting a new thread on this to get better input.
sorry for de-railing the thread if that was you point. I did get the answer I was looking for from artemis. no need for a new thread.

sorry, and thanks for the quick response.

sorry for de-railing the thread if that was you point. I did get the answer I was looking for from artemis. no need for a new thread.

I didn't mean you were derailing the thread, just wanted you to get a good response. But it seems like Artemes is too fast and answered you before I knew it!

Watch Fleet Commands videos on these saws and Spike 60's also and all your 372XT ? will be answered. Youtube is your friend.

Don't worry about derailing! I like when people ask more questions on a thread I made!

^This sounds wise. If your saw is brand new then you should have warranty for a while. Taking the limiters off won't hurt if you don't mess with the screws too much, but for the most part just get the saw broken in and then fiddle with the carb. I wouldn't worry about your plug. Don't get me wrong, I love helping out, so if you have any more questions don't be scared to ask, but for now you don't sweat it. You could still post a video just for fun!
Short video coming momentarily!

here is a short video just messing around. Log is pretty old but its the biggest i had. How does it sound? seems to be 4 stroking when u let up on it in the cut?

Attachments

• IMG_4577.MOV
    5 MB · Views: 11
Not sure what your trying to do ? Got a new 372 in 2013 an never touch the adjustment . What I find amazing buy a new car the specs says use 4 quarts of oil well I don't agree with this 8 would be better an give it extra fuel . The only thing made here is a under power pig that will not last long .

Check this out, it might help you. I also dont have a tach yet and I just tuned my 372 after doing a muffler mod. In the video you can see and hear me testing for the proper sound of a good rpm range. This is done by cutting and then quickly lifting the saw slightly so as to "unweight" it or not put any load on it. It should 4 stroke while being unweighted, and that is the sign of a good tune. The 4 stroking is very important in telling you if you are too lean or too rich. The saw should 4 stroke at full throttle with no load as well. If it's a little boggy, lean it up by an 1/8th turn or so, and if it struggles to 4 stroke, richen it up quick! The tune in the video is where I decided that the saw was at a healthy rpm, so I havent made any changes since. I hope this helps, and here's the video

As a side note, Brad Snelling suggested to me that I run my fuel mix around the mid 30's:1, because the bearings require a little more oil. I run 33:1 for my 372. A little more oil never hurts!

Sounds very rich but a safe tune. Mine sounds that rich at 14200 but it's ported.

Latest posts

Back