372xp ate some wood today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back today and finished the job. I ended up bucking about 10-11 cords and my friend Gerry was around to help me today. He could not get the logs set up quick enough and on the pile after they were cut to stove lenghths before the saw chewed them up and we kept switching places between tanks. I kept a razor sharp chain on it all day and he was very impressed with the saw. He is a pretty hardcore stihl fan and he wants a 372 now he has an 036 and it has seen better days. He gave me a fresh chicken and paid for my gas and gave me a few bucks just enough to get my chains professionaly sharpened and I was grateful for that but the smile on his face at the end of today was worth all the hard work. At one point we were bucking 3 or maybe even 4 cords in half an hour when we had a good rythym going. I know I am very happy with this saw and I would recomend it in an instant. We both couldn't believe how good we felt after cutting so much wood the newer saws give your body a break compared to the older ones. I can't wait to get the carb dialed in and try it after that but the power I have now is enough for what I need. I can keep the saw right at the sweet spot now as far as how to feed it and I know when to back off now from pushing it too hard a few times.

Latest posts

Back