372XP free bee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Reaction score
First I would like to thank rburg again for the saw, what a great guy!! He brought this saw to Wiggs GTG yesterday looking to get rid of it, I know, I still wonder why. He had it for a few years and said it was tired when he got it.

DSCN2601.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2605.jpg

The saw had no compression...

DSCN2613.jpg

so I did a pressure test, and once I tightened up the intake clamp all seems to be good...

DSCN2628.jpg

So I got her cleaned up...

DSCN2624.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

and pulled her down to see how bad the piston and cylinder was....

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2630.jpg

Not too bad, I think the cylinder will clean up just fine. Gonna order up a Meteor piston, fuel and impulse lines and I think I'll replace the intake boot and clamp just for peace of mind. I think I might also play on the lathe with this one....

I will keep on this thread until finished, just have to wait for parts now.

Last edited:
Do you still have that pony from the time you fell into the pile of manure?:)

Bead blasted the cylinder, sure makes them look pretty...

DSCN2633.jpg

Cleaned up the bore with muratic acid and then did a light hone, looks good and feels even beter!

DSCN2631.jpg

All parts are ordered, now the waiting game. I guess I'll go through the carb while I wait....

That's a great score for free and to be able to make a runner out of it cheap is even better.

Tired!? Man, you should see the stuff I start with! That is one heck of a score. Bearings, seals, a piston and some fuel work, that thing will rock. Maybe cost you a hundred bucks.

Last edited:
Tired!? Man, you should see the stuff I start with! That is one heck of a score. Bearings, seals, a piston and some fuel work, that thing will rock. Maybe cost you a hundred bucks.

It really seems to be in pretty good condition. I've been working on the lower transfers tonight, can't do much else without the piston....

Back