372xp or 575xp or Stihl 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372 if modding at all is a great saw...

i bought a barely used 365 special and put the 372 big bore kit...soooooooooooo seeeeeeeeexxxxxxyyyy....pulls 28" in dried oak so easy..

but since you are talking new...the 440 is a good all round saw too

LMAO... the same was said about the 038 Mag2... one of the sickest ("coolest, best, most awesome-est" for you ol' fellers... :laugh:) saws Stihl ever made...

The 441 is not "too heavy"... it's a very smooth and powerful saw... fits right in it's class. I love the 372XP... you would be hard pressed to find a better saw. Never ran a 575 myself... but not many are too happy with them...

The only saw I like better than the 372XP is the 044/440...

Gary

Great post! The 441 has proven itself as a worthy saw.

Ok, I going though the same thing this guy is and I have found the 441 to be heavy and not as balanced as the 372 so I'm leaning that way. But why would I have to mod the 372 to cut firewood or is this just for pro use?? I have time before I have to buy one so I will wait and see what the new 576 is all about before I buy anything.

The 372's engine design takes well to porting where the 441's strat engine likes to be left alone and makes just as much if not more power. You will hear mixed results as to which one is faster but I would choose the 441 or 7900 if a Dolmar dealer is near.

372 . You will never be unhappy with that saw. Strato saws you can always buy later. The 372 is now or never. Reach for it while you can.

441 broad powerband, sips fuel excellent filtration 1st rate antivibe. I dont notice the extra pound everyone whines about I think they just need to grow a pair, but thats just me.
:givebeer:

441 broad powerband, sips fuel excellent filtration 1st rate antivibe. I dont notice the extra pound everyone whines about I think they just need to grow a pair, but thats just me.
:givebeer:

Yep, get one of them s_x change operations from Sweden. While you're there, pick up a Husky. Kill two stones, get two stones. One trip.

Have a nice trip,

Joat

Thanks for all the responses, i think i will go with a 372xp with a 28" bar, they also have a 372xpw i dont know what the difference is?

According to our local Husky dealer, in his words, the 372XP is no longer being imported in little spurts here and there. Per the dealer, the 372XP is "back in the line-up". I tend to believe him, because I was strongly thinking about buying a new 372XP while I still could, but he told me not to worry. But I'm such a worry wart. I bought one from him anyway....

:greenchainsaw:

I like beer too. I also like the 460. Why do guys say the 440 is better than the 460 when they are the same saw just bigger motor? In no way am I trying to start an argument. I really don't know why.:confused:

Latest posts

Back