385XP as firewood saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildthing's got the idea: muffler mod, mill the base and reset the port timing then run the 385 with a 9 pin sprocket and a 20" bar and you're all set!

Well I brought my new old saw home yesterday and the weight isn't as much an issue as I would have thought. A friend has a 20" bar I can try and a new Solo 651 power head I may get if only because I've never owned a Solo and it might make the 260Pro a little nervous. I've heard good things about them but I'm sort of threadjacking my own thread by mentioning it. Someone asked earlier what I had into the 385xp and it's probably about $400 realisticly. It will be great if I can run a 8 tooth rim and 3/8ths. Another friend wants me to drop 4 elms that are all between 30 and 40 feet tall, dead in the air and nothing for them to drop on so the Husky will get a bit of work. My first Husky other than a line trimmer so I've kinda gone to the dark side all at once. None of that starting with a Rancher stuff for me, no sir.
John......

Latest posts

Back