395xp disappointed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grab a 25” bar to throw on and give this baby a test . Crap . Turns out my chains for my stihls are about a DL short .. Found a chain that was pretty wooped up and a bit streached . Not quick and easy to get a chain on like the stihls .

You have to lengthen the slot a 1/2" or so to use the same dr link chain with the adapter on stihl bars.

I’ve read that . I can’t bring myself to do the grindy on my bar . I was looking a know I can knock 1/4 inch off the adapter . But don’t think that will help a lot . Probably just fit it with the 30” bar and spin up a few chains to fit it and then find a nice spot on the shelf do it to hold down lol

I’ve read that . I can’t bring myself to do the grindy on my bar . I was looking a know I can knock 1/4 inch off the adapter . But don’t think that will help a lot . Probably just fit it with the 30” bar and spin up a few chains to fit it and then find a nice spot on the shelf do it to hold down lol
Bars are consumeables. I grind away on $200 cannon and others.

i just run a drive link longer chain and file out the adjuster holes. the stihl lights i don't think have the room to lengthen the slot much which is what i run. i wish someone made something decent and lightweight in the husky mount as the adapter is a pain in the ass for nothing. doesn't seem bad but try swapping a chain on a crazy slope or getting your powerhead off your bar in a real bad pinch. back when everyone was first talking about the 572 i know husky were working on a lightweight of their own and the rep i know sent them 2 stihl lights. damn them for taking so long.

I think 1 more link will do it . Yes it’s a PITA . The outboard clutch and the sprocket that slides and you can hardly see it . The adjuster holes are fine , have plenty of room there . The slot bottoms out and the adapter . I guess pulling the screw for the adapter and the adapter really isn’t too hard . Just add a plus head driver to the tool kit . If I elongate the slot my ocd will drive me crazy if I do it any way but on a mill

I think 1 more link will do it . Yes it’s a PITA . The outboard clutch and the sprocket that slides and you can hardly see it . The adjuster holes are fine , have plenty of room there . The slot bottoms out and the adapter . I guess pulling the screw for the adapter and the adapter really isn’t too hard . Just add a plus head driver to the tool kit . If I elongate the slot my ocd will drive me crazy if I do it any way but on a mill

i'm talking when there is no flat surface and your trying to keep the bar sitting right on the spacer as you tighten the bar nuts. a real PITA even when your good at it, so bad i've considered giving tsumura another chance. if yours is a solid bar the slot can be elongated with a round file too and will look fine but takes a while. really is the best option if you want to use the same chain with your stihls and huskies. i don't need them to fit both so just run the extra DL.

Just ordered up a tsumura 24” light bar from the amizon . I’m going to mill that one back to fit . I have a 30”stihl wide bar i changed the tip to .404 . The chains I have from my large mount 30” bar have a extra over the medium mount so I already have a few chains spun up I can use for that . I need to order another bulk role of .404 . Every time I go to my dealer to get .404 he looks at me like I have a extra eye . I kind of understand . I’m a mechanic by trade for 22 years at a dealer . People buy a new car for 50k and want to put on a cheesy cold air intake my eyes gloss over when they start talking about chasing cams or about their 2005 integral with a turbo ...

Stihl are touqey. The huskys are high rpm and must be kept razor sharp. Set the rakers, open up the gullet and let the chips fly. The big power heads get no respect.
Please becareful with them. I let my youngest son get use to the new 460 rancher then I gave him the 570 xtorq. I told him to take it slow.

How does the 390 compare?
390 is more pleasant to use day to day but when power is needed the 395xp is best. For the majority of cutting the 390 will do, most save the 395 for milling or real long bars. As someone else said the 395 will beat out the 390 with longer bars, but I'd put it at 28+ not 24. Just my opinion

There’s no replacement for displacement. I had a 395xp. My oldest son is running a 50cc Jred.
I gave him a Husqvarna 570 xtorq also. Talked with him this weekend he likes it. I gave him the jred 910e also. We’ll see what he says about an 86cc saw.

Funny there’s no pressurized airbox or mini turbo on these saws yet? Maybe a four stroke will change all that.

Back